Currently, this project is run and supported by GameServersHub
GameServersHub promises to keep this project 100% free and open-source. GameServersHub intends to keep the project maintained and supported for future updates to Ark Survival Evolved | Ark Survival Ascended | Ark 2.
What is GameServersHub?:
- GameServersHub is an online community that is your one-stop shop for everything gaming-related! Are you a player wanting tutorials or guides on how to run gaming servers efficiently? Are you a customer wanting to purchase gaming resources to improve your gaming communities? Are you a developer looking to freelance, sell, or upload free resources for the public? Are you an advertiser looking for a targeted audience to market your products to? GameServersHub is designed to offer you everything you need, which means everything that would allow you to operate efficiently. GSH works exclusively with some of the best in the industry, and we work directly with many game studios to bring the best content possible to our audiences.
What is "ServerAPI" and how does it work?:
- ServerAPI is the official framework that allows user-generated content to be created as "Video Game Server Plugins" for the popular video games "Ark 2, Ark: Survival Evolved, Ark: Survival Ascended, Atlas: MMO" our framework is 100% OPEN SOURCE and FREE for the public to use. Our framework has been supported and praised by fellow Wildcard Studios and Nitrado. The ServerAPI framework has over 71,000,000+ active views with 400,000+ active installations, and it's widely accepted by the vast majority of the server owners and admin communities that rely heavily on the framework to operate their gaming servers efficiently!
Is this framework safe and secure?:
- All of the code is public for you to view, but the API framework is generally safe and secure. The question becomes how safe and secure can game server plugins be, and that generally falls under the developer producing the plugins, but rest assured, game server resources are heavily moderated on the GSH website, and any valid reports of plugins being malicious are removed, banned and de-platformed entirely from our API framework.
Social Media Links:[email protected]
- The API will only work on Windows 7 and above or Windows Server 2008 and above operating systems.
- You need to install "Microsoft Visual 2022 Redistributable Package" for the API to load correctly.
ServerAPI Installation Steps:
- Download the resource by clicking the "Download" button.
- Unzip the contents of the ".ZIP" file into "ARK\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64"
- You must launch "AsaApiLoader.exe" next. The loader must be launched as if it was the ArkAscendedServer.exe (with the same parameters). Once launched the api will start and server will be launched too.
Plugin Installation Steps:
- Find a plugin you want to download inside the website's "Resources" section.
- Unzip the contents of the ".ZIP" file into "ARK\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ArkApi\Plugins"
- You may now edit the ".JSON" files located inside the plugin folder you just installed, or you may now start the server.
- The API generates two types of logs, regular and crash logs, these logs are located in the denoted locations respectively.
- This is a community project aimed at extending the official server executable that is distributed with the game. Studio Wildcard retains all ownership over the original server files, game copyrights, etc.
- Unless specified otherwise, the Server API is distributed under the MIT license, which can be found here
Will ServerAPI have Linux support?
- Yes we are aiming for ServerAPI to have both "Windows, Linux, Crossplay" platform support. Unlike with Ark: Survival Evolved the future games should include support for all platforms entirely.
Does ServerAPI support crossplay platforms like "Xbox/PSN" and more?
- Yes! Crossplay is fully supported by the ServerAPI framework. You can now run server plugins directly on Xbox / Playstation and other consoles.