FAQ

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michidu

Administrator
Staff member
FAQ:

Q: Is source code available?
A: Yes, you can get it here: https://github.com/Michidu/ARK-Server-API

Q: Does it support Linux?
A: No. We don't plan to add Linux support in a near future. There are at least 3 reasons why Linux is not supported:
1) Linux is different and we would need to maintain a 2 versions of ArkApi (and possibly plugins).
2) Ark doesn't provide debug symbols for Linux which are needed for ArkApi.
3) Ark on Linux just works worse.

But there are some good news, most ARK server hostings already using Windows. If you have a dedicated server, you can install Windows too. The only downside might be a montly price for Windows license, in this case, you can use Windows installation template which allows you to use your own license.

Q: Can i install it on hosting?
A: Yes, but keep in mind that not all hostings support it. If you are unsure, ask them about it. However, most of them will install ArkApi upon request.

Q: I have installed ArkApi but it doesn't work. What should i do?
A: Please, make sure you followed our installation tutorial and installed necessary dependecies. If nothing helps, create a new thread describing your problem. Also, include some information about your server (Windows version, is it dedicated or hosted server, ...).

Q: Can i load or unload plugins at runtime?
A: You can use the following console/rcon commands to load/unload plugin. But, keep in mind that not all plugins support unloading, therefore this command is mostly for developers.
  • plugins.load <PluginName> - Load plugin.
  • plugins.unload <PluginName> - Unload plugin (use with caution).

Q: How can i use permissions?
A: Read more about permissions here: http://arkserverapi.com/resources/permissions.12/.

Q: Console commands doesn't work for me, what can i do?
A: Console commands are only for admins and meant to be typed in the in-game console. They should be used just like any other built-in console command, meaning you need to add 'cheat' prefix before each command.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tebex
Tempest Dedicated Servers
Back