Dino Tracker

Dino Tracker 2.0

No permission to download

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
hi there, just installed this and want to make sure i make the setting correct, for: "MaxDistance":-1
is that default to where dinos can be found anywhere on map? i'd like to have it set to any distance to be found anywhere on map and not sure what to set the distance to.

thank you :)
Just leave it like that, it is unlimited distance when it is "-1" :)

I can confirm that the tracker is not working properly on Crystal Isles. The coordinates are off by a variable amount: sometimes they show 52.x when it's 41.x, sometimes they show 50.x when it's 52.x. Not a lot of rhyme or reason to it that I can find.

Is there a way to give the tracking ability to only specific players? we would love to have this as a donation perk for our cluster!

@OwnProx Are you still working on this plugin?^^
It has been mentioned several times, that on some maps wrong coordinates are displayed. These include The Center, as well as various Modmaps (for example, Olympus).

If the problem can not be solved so easily: Would it be possible to get a config, in which values are calculated or deducted? For example, if you subtract 51.1 from the value of the Dino Tracker on the Olympus Modmap, then you usually have the right coordinates.

Would such a config be possible to add or subtract values to the displayed coordinates?

Some dinos do not seem to be trackable without actually assigning a name. So far I noticed the Featherlights and Karkinos. Some dinos like the Bulbdogs are using a odd name to do a tack on them. You have to use pug to track them.

Great plugin, much appreciated.
The scaling for the Center map is off. One of the members of my server has worked out a formula for getting the corrected GPS co-ords from the /track results on the Center :

Lat (Tracker - 13.7) * 0.834586
Lon ( Tracker + 16 ) * 0.83388

Posting here in-case it helps anyone else.

[I can't claim credit for working this out.... credit to TheHuman from The Friendly Server]

How hard would it be to add to this or make a new plugin that allows tracking a player by ID while they are offline? I'd love it to be able to:
1. Purge structures of abandoned bases where the player did not create a tribe.
2. Find griefers who are doing AFK breeding.

The ultimate would be if you could use commands similar to what ARK has for destroying by TribeId, but instead do it by PlayerId for those offline players who never joined a tribe:
DestroyTribeId <TribeId>
DestroyTribeIdDinos <TribeId>
DestroyTribeIdPlayers <TribeId>
DestroyTribeIdStructures <TribeId>

But of course that doesn't help kill the claimable AFK bred dinos. So finding the player to find the dinos would be helpful.

thanks!

Can you add support for The Center and Valguero? that maps wrong coordinates are displayed.

Does not work on Extinction. Says <dino> wasn't found - even if we are a distance away from it and know where it is when testing the plugin. It works on other maps in our cluster but Extinction. Help please! :(

Does not work on Extinction. Says <dino> wasn't found - even if we are a distance away from it and know where it is when testing the plugin. It works on other maps in our cluster but Extinction. Help please! :(
I'm very confident this works on Extinction. When I am at home later on I will test this and report back.

Works great, thank you!

One gripe my server users has is that its goes long/lat.

People are used to lat/long amd sometimes go the opposite way :p

it doesnt track ankylosaurus it cant find that class :/ it seems its better to give specific dino names or own dino classes until the plugin get updated

Rogue Vikings Discord Server - Rogue Vikings Gaming Servers - Minecraft Prison Servers - Minecraft Creative Servers
Tebex
Tempest Dedicated Servers
Monetize your ARK server
Back