Ark:SA-Server Pterodactyl Egg with API

Ark:SA-Server Pterodactyl Egg with API v2.02

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

411guy

Administrator
ㅤㅤ
Verified Developer
411guy submitted a new resource:

Ark:SA-Server Pterodactyl Egg with API - Pterodactyl egg that allows you to host Linux Ark Survival Ascended Servers with API.

Introduction​

Pterodactyl is an open-source game server management panel built with PHP, React, and Go. It's designed to manage and control game server instances. You might want to install a custom egg on your Pterodactyl panel to add additional functionality or support for a specific game or software.

An "egg" in Pterodactyl is a JSON file that defines what should be installed on a server when creating a new instance. A custom egg is one that you or someone else has...

Read more about this resource...

Hi - I am planning to get this egg, but I have some questions:
  1. How will the updates of the ARK Api going to be handled?
    1. Do I need to update the egg?
    2. Do I need to update the files manually?
  2. How can I make the ports auto-allocated from the available ports for this egg?
Thanks

Hi - I am planning to get this egg, but I have some questions:
  1. How will the updates of the ARK Api going to be handled?
    1. Do I need to update the egg?
    2. Do I need to update the files manually?
  2. How can I make the ports auto-allocated from the available ports for this egg?
Thanks
As of now, You'll need to reinstall the server to update the API, we are working on a updated egg to it'll check on restart

As of now, You'll need to reinstall the server to update the API, we are working on a updated egg to it'll check on restart
To add upon this:

A server reinstall with this egg will perform a "verify files" and download the latest version of the API. As long as you backup your configs for Permissions Plugin (if you made any changes), you should have all your data on a reinstall. Pterodactyl does have an option to perform a backup; this can be setup using schedules but should be done manually as-well before you do a reinstall.

You still having this issue?

Hello, I bought this egg and everything was working great. I then restarted my server an dit did some sort of update and now my server wont start. I attached an image of what I am now getting. I then started the same server fresh no mods nothing just using the egg and it wont work at all i get the same result.
1710166831061.png

Hello, I bought this egg and everything was working great. I then restarted my server an dit did some sort of update and now my server wont start. I attached an image of what I am now getting. I then started the same server fresh no mods nothing just using the egg and it wont work at all i get the same result.
View attachment 2122
I've got the same problem. But it seems to be linked to the docker image used.
If I change to the new Proton 8 version, it starts, but the console is not showing anything anymore :
Code:
ghcr.io/parkervcp/steamcmd:proton_8

I've got the same problem. But it seems to be linked to the docker image used.
If I change to the new Proton 8 version, it starts, but the console is not showing anything anymore :
Code:
ghcr.io/parkervcp/steamcmd:proton_8
You're the best that fixed it for me, I wonder what happened.

How do you make the RCON work? When I enter an Rcon command via an RCON program: Error: Authentication failed.
RCON etc are enabled

But the ports are open because I can connect without any problems

Arnobeck was the one who suggested the proton version I merely related the info but what I can take credit for is for the following solution. If your version did change randomly and you change it back to Proton_8, backup your server files and recreate your server and your console will show everything with no problem.

Tebex
Tempest Dedicated Servers
Back