Improved Commands

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tobias

Tobias submitted a new resource:

Improved Commands - Adds additional useful commands to ARK

Chat
  • /MyDinoStats: Prints the base stats (levels) of a owned and tamed dino in-front of the player.
  • /DestroyMyDino: Deletes the owned and tamed dino in-front of the player from the ARK.
  • /Suicide: Kill your own character (to get unstuck etc.)
Rcon and Console
  • DoRespec <steam id>: Force respec (mindwipe) of a character. Example: DoRespec 12345678912345678
  • DestroyAllStructuresForTeamId <team id>: Destroys all...

Read more about this resource...

All players that are online or all player profiles on the server? Could you elaborate on what the use case for this type of command would be (i.e. when and why)?

Is the /suicide command exploitable in some way and that is why you need a cooldown?

All profiles, And say for example if you are using an engram unlocker mod, Then hide an engram after someone has already learnt it, Majority of the time it hide's the engram from the engram list but they can still craft it unless mindwipe or Fast travel...would be good to be able to force a mind wipe on all profiles.

As for the suicide nah no exploit really...was just thinking for pvp, It would prevent people from constantly using Suicide to escape cages :p Probably better than a cooldown would be an option to make it not able to be used if within 1 unit of enemy structure? not sure if possible...That way it would detect the cage.

Changing players, who are not online, requires figuring out how to load, edit, save and unload those profiles. I believe the way ARK normally handles this is by triggering a respec on connect - but I don't know where. A command like this could be useful, but it is too much work for me right now.

I understand. Like you say an option to not allow suicide when you are near an enemy structure would be nice. But it would also prevent people from escaping a common and legitimate scenario of being stuck in someone else's base (on spawn, from falling in etc). Maybe just checking for a cage or a definable set of structures within a short range would be a good middle ground. I'll look into it later on.

Morning mate,
one idea, (I currently handle this with RCON software which monitors for the command and applies it but)
/Stuck, teleports player to a designated area, I have set it so a serverwide message is announced so it can be monitored for players exploiting it.
(I have strict server rules around this).
I can supply the co-ords if it helps?

It's a good alternative solution. But how do people get from your designated area back to base or wherever they need to go?

they have to walk :D
They are known areas, the alternative is they stay stuck until an admin appears or kill theirself.
Ideally would be to move them slightly on the terrian, but I imagine this would cause further stucks.

Seems like it would be a long and dangerous walk! :D

Yeah - would be very hard to move a player out of being stuck without issue and in a way that is not possible to exploit to get through terrain or structures.

here you go: AShooterGameMode
ArkApi::GetApiUtils().GetShooterGameMode()->LoadPlayerData
ArkApi::GetApiUtils().GetShooterGameMode()->DeletePlayerData

that should load and unload offline player data

Both of you are going to have to provide more information than that for me to offer any kind of support :)
Make sure the API is up to date. The command is very simple and working fine on a default installation of ARK. Something must be different in the setup you guys are running.

100% updated api, No mods on server, Default ark settings, English language....server crashes instantly upon use.

Using it on the test server..so only thing that is running is default ark and this API

here you go: AShooterGameMode
ArkApi::GetApiUtils().GetShooterGameMode()->LoadPlayerData
ArkApi::GetApiUtils().GetShooterGameMode()->DeletePlayerData

that should load and unload offline player data
I appreciate the help but I was just trying to describe the work involved in a non-technical way :) The real issue is the time to implement and test. If you know where the patch respec trigger flag is that would be useful to know.

no idea but Michidu can basically find anything im sure he will read this later and more then likely has already done this in the past.

Could you do a command for Destroy all structures that are currently in the Demolish allowed state?

Could you do a command for Destroy all structures that are currently in the Demolish allowed state?
why don't you just change your server decay rates so that they auto destroy when it happens if you configure it properly you can do that

why don't you just change your server decay rates so that they auto destroy when it happens if you configure it properly you can do that
yeah that works, Upsets some people sometimes though :p so currently i manually clean the servers monthly. The auto destroy function would be much better if you could set all structure types "Thatch,Wood,Metal" and so on to the same timer. Rather then all over the place :(

Monetize your ARK server
Rogue Vikings Discord Server - Rogue Vikings Gaming Servers - Minecraft Prison Servers - Minecraft Creative Servers
Tebex
Tempest Dedicated Servers
Back