Auto Protection

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I actually removed the path completely to get it to work, didn't seem to want to work at all for me with any path in it even with forward slashes the way it is supposed to be.
Show as your config with Dbpath if its possible

Working path for me :
"DBFilePath": "C:/Users/Administrator/Documents/SERVER NAME/ShooterGame/Binaries/Win64/ArkApi/Plugins/AutoProt",

I changed my db path to "DBFilePath": "C:/Servers/Server2/ShooterGame/Binaries/Win64/ArkApi/Plugins/AutoProt",
When starting the server I get this error 10/13/18 04:40 [AutoProt][error] <c:\users\adriangaming\source\repos\autoprot\autoprot\protdatabase.cpp ProtDatabase::InitDatabase> Unexpected DB error unable to open database file

I changed my db path to "DBFilePath": "C:/Servers/Server2/ShooterGame/Binaries/Win64/ArkApi/Plugins/AutoProt",
When starting the server I get this error 10/13/18 04:40 [AutoProt][error] <c:\users\adriangaming\source\repos\autoprot\autoprot\protdatabase.cpp ProtDatabase::InitDatabase> Unexpected DB error unable to open database file
JSON:
{
    "ProtectionTime": 48,
    "DBPrefix": "Ragnarok",
    "DBFilePath": "C:/Servers/Server2/ShooterGame/Binaries/Win64/ArkApi/Plugins/AutoProt",
    "MessageDelay": 3,
    "Messages": {
        "prefix": "AutoProt",
        "DamageMessage": "This structures has still %hours% hours and %minutes% minutes protection left!",
        "ProtectionStarted": "Your structures are protected for %time% minutes",
        "ProctectionLost": "Your protection time is over. Players may now destroy your structures",
        "ProtectionTimeChanged": "Your protection time has been set to %time%",
        "CurrentProtectionTime": "Your protection lasts another %hours% hours and %minutes% minutes",
        "ProtectionRemoved": "Your protection has been removed!"
    }
}

nevermind, apparently I didn't have my path right, but what through me off was the error message showed a different path

nevermind, apparently I didn't have my path right, but what through me off was the error message showed a different path
Its the path that the dev was using while working on the pulgins

I actually removed the path completely to get it to work, didn't seem to want to work at all for me with any path in it even with forward slashes the way it is supposed to be.
You can't leave it removed, it isn't like the shop config. If you want it in the .dll folder you have to write that path.

Hi, just a couple of things.
If I were looking to add this midseason. Would the best way be to add it with a timer of 0 for a day (to get existing players into the database) then change it after a restart to my intended protection time?
That and I for some reason though there was a notification about your auto protect when first joining the server, can't seem to see anything about that though. Am I mistaken?

Hi, just a couple of things.
If I were looking to add this midseason. Would the best way be to add it with a timer of 0 for a day (to get existing players into the database) then change it after a restart to my intended protection time?
That and I for some reason though there was a notification about your auto protect when first joining the server, can't seem to see anything about that though. Am I mistaken?
Use 0 is better to get people on the DB yes, but anyways if someone is not on DB he will not be protected anyways.
The message when someone Join the first time is not working sadly, Use battlemetric trigger

C4 does not seem to work after this is installed. I believe the SafeZones mod had a issue with the C4 destroying structures in the safe zone. So I assume its something on how C4 is setup. Im sure OwnProx has some insight on this.

Wild beehives also appear to have protection. You can gather honey, but cant destroy them.

Can you add a option that prevents dino kill?
Other thing is: i can`t destroy the Bee Hive when i have the protection

C4 does not seem to work after this is installed. I believe the SafeZones mod had a issue with the C4 destroying structures in the safe zone. So I assume its something on how C4 is setup. Im sure OwnProx has some insight on this.
The C4 dont seems to work, well if you are protected it dont have to work, the only problem with C4 is that it dont display the protection notice.

Can you add a option that prevents dino kill?
Other thing is: i can`t destroy the Bee Hive when i have the protection
Bee hive are structures too so when you are protected you cant destroy any structures

C4 inst working when both the defending and attacking tribes are out of protection.
This is the same with the beehives. Even when the players and their tribe is out of protection, they are not able to destroy the beehives as the beehives are getting protection status.

C4 inst working when both the defending and attacking tribes are out of protection.
This is the same with the beehives. Even when the players and their tribe is out of protection, they are not able to destroy the beehives as the beehives are getting protection status.
Oh i see, you used the plugins without woping the server, you cant do that cause if the tribe ID isn't on the DB files then the tribe structure became bugged to use the plugins you need to use it on a fresh wipe this way all the tribe will be created on the plugins DB

Ahhh, I see. Makes sense. Yes, I did it without wiping the server.

Since this is the case, am I safe to assume I can manually add this to the database file to fix it for the tribes already on the server and then new tribes would still be added properly?

Ahhh, I see. Makes sense. Yes, I did it without wiping the server.

Since this is the case, am I safe to assume I can manually add this to the database file to fix it for the tribes already on the server and then new tribes would still be added properly?
yes you can do it like this too if you have the motivation to do it

To all who have problem with the path just be award of the way it have to be. My mistake on the first try was it and now all working fine.
incorrect sentence
"DBFilePath": "C:\ASM\Servers\Server01\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ArkApi",
Correct sentence
"DBFilePath": "C:/ASM/Servers/Server01/ShooterGame/Binaries/Win64/ArkApi",

Rogue Vikings Discord Server - Rogue Vikings Gaming Servers - Minecraft Prison Servers - Minecraft Creative Servers
Tempest Dedicated Servers
Tebex
Monetize your ARK server
Back