Ark Permissions

Ark Permissions 2.0

No permission to download

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Hi there. When I give a VIP role, it shows up the VIP kits, but there's no permission to claim them. Anyone knows why?

Foppa updated Ark Permissions with a new update entry:

• Added Database Caching (increase of server performance and plugin request performance)
  • Added Tribe Permission
  • Added Timed Player Permission
  • Added Timed Tribe Permission
  • Updated Commands with the newest functionality
  • Added Permission Callback (For other plugins to integrate with)

Big Thanks to @Lethal & @kalendell for the big contribute!!

Read the rest of this update entry...

@killerdragonx2 it works fine for me. I just thought I would be able to give my admins "admin Permission" and them not have to used the servers Admin Password each time they login. Other than that, it works great!

@killerdragonx2 it works fine for me. I just thought I would be able to give my admins "admin Permission" and them not have to used the servers Admin Password each time they login. Other than that, it works great!
It works for plugins. Not for built ARK admin commands.
Unless you build a plugin that can communicate with the Permission plugin.

It works for plugins. Not for built ARK admin commands.
Unless you build a plugin that can communicate with the Permission plugin.

Is there a way to see what permissions are currently created / active? I'm trying to get a Shop Kit created and posted a question there what the permission actually is. The group worked, adding a player to the group worked, I just don't know what the permission is to add.

Any insight would be appreciated!

can someone explain the timed permissions a bit better for me please, how would it look if i wanted to only give someone vip role for 30 days? i've done 1 hour tests but it doesnt seem to remove the role after 1 hour is over

Is there a way to see what permissions are currently created / active? I'm trying to get a Shop Kit created and posted a question there what the permission actually is. The group worked, adding a player to the group worked, I just don't know what the permission is to add.

Any insight would be appreciated!
Yes, read the description :)

can someone explain the timed permissions a bit better for me please, how would it look if i wanted to only give someone vip role for 30 days? i've done 1 hour tests but it doesnt seem to remove the role after 1 hour is over

I does remove, what did you test with?

I must be failing miserably as I have reviewed the main Details page many times over. I see Permissions.ListGroups and GroupPermissions to identify what is already added to a group but I do not know how to see what is available that still needs to be added. I'm expecting to use Permissions.Grant Discord (KitsPermission) but I don't know how to see what that exact permission to grant is :( .

Thank you for the reply!

I does remove, what did you test with?
I tested with my steam64. I tried both 1 hour. And 1 hour with 1 hour delay, both gave me the vip role but after 1 hour I still had it. Is 1 in game time only? Or does it track out of game time? We need it to track out of game time for when vip donate they can get the role for 30 days, we have a automated system to give the role. But we need the timer to to remove the role :)

I tested with my steam64. I tried both 1 hour. And 1 hour with 1 hour delay, both gave me the vip role but after 1 hour I still had it. Is 1 in game time only? Or does it track out of game time? We need it to track out of game time for when vip donate they can get the role for 30 days, we have a automated system to give the role. But we need the timer to to remove the role :)
The group may stay as visible if you are looking straight into the database. But if you verify with the command /groups it should say what groups you have. Did you do that?

just put 1.7 on my server.. everytime it does a world save....the permissions resets to nothing. not even default.. im just trying to make sure certain players get perspective group points

just put 1.7 on my server.. everytime it does a world save....the permissions resets to nothing. not even default.. im just trying to make sure certain players get perspective group points
Here comes some questions...

How Often does your server save?
Are you using SQLite or MySQL?
If SQLite: Is every server using the same database location or are they separated?
If MySQL: How many connected servers?

Are you using Shared Server Installations Folder or dedicated?
What Plugins do you use?

What Permissions are we talking about? Permanent permissions or timed permissions?

What command did you execute to see your permissions?

Last edited:
Im so confused as to what "permissions" are actually given when you add a player to the "Admins" group. By default the "Admins" group has a asterik which means they can use all permissions. But the player I added to this group are not able to use any admin commands/cheats in game. Help?
They can use admins commands only if you give them the admin password, when you add a player to the admin group they have access only to the permissions you added to that role

Here comes some questions...

How Often does your server save?
Are you using SQLite or MySQL?
If SQLite: Is every server using the same database location or are they separated?
If MySQL: How many connected servers?

Are you using Shared Server Installations Folder or dedicated?
What Plugins do you use?

What Permissions are we talking about? Permanent permissions or timed permissions?

What command did you execute to see your permissions?

server saves every 25 mins. however on my permissions config it has a sync timer that set to 5
my permissions db is Mysql as well as the shop aka the shop loads perfectly fine.. upon adding the db to the permissions.. permissions now doesnt load..error 1114
we have 8 servers connected.. and the points system and ark shop works perfectly fine across the cluster.. my issues is its just not letting me set permissions so players can get points...even with the ark shop i do the change players points to add or decrease an amount on top of what they already get..even that doesnt work

also im in letals discord.. cant i just talk to you and get help via that?

*update* permissions now loads in.

Last edited:
I've seen a few people mentioning that they have the error:

"[Permission][error] (d:\programs\ark\plugins\permissions\permissions\private\hooks.cpp Permissions::Hooks::Hook_AShooterGameMode_HandleNewPlayer) Couldn't add player"

I too now have this issue as of updating to the most recent version of the plugin. I haven't managed to find a reliable fix yet, so I wondered if anyone else had?

So far I have done the follow:
  • Checked DB connection information, using legacy authentication, all fine.
  • DB user has all privileges granted.
  • Fresh ARK API installation.
  • Downloaded the most recent Permissions version, replaced existing plugin.
  • Truncated players, permissiongroups, tribepermissions tables.
I've even gone as far as to drop the database, recreate it, create a new user (legacy auth), fresh ARK server & ARK API & permissions, updated permissions config, booted the server and let the plugin automatically generate the MySQL tables it needs.

Currently I have restored my permissions DB back to what it was before I updated the plugin so I still have all the players in there. It's still happening.

What's odd is that it doesn't happen to every player. It seems to happen randomly, sometimes a lot, sometimes fewer. I haven't found a pattern yet.

I'm a little lost on what else to try really.

Any suggestions?

"[Permission][error] (d:\programs\ark\plugins\permissions\permissions\private\hooks.cpp Permissions::Hooks::Hook_AShooterGameMode_HandleNewPlayer) Couldn't add player"

I too now have this issue as of updating to the most recent version of the plugin. I haven't managed to find a reliable fix yet, so I wondered if anyone else had?

I've even gone as far as to drop the database, recreate it, create a new user (legacy auth), fresh ARK server & ARK API & permissions, updated permissions config, booted the server and let the plugin automatically generate the MySQL tables it needs.

Currently I have restored my permissions DB back to what it was before I updated the plugin so I still have all the players in there. It's still happening.

What's odd is that it doesn't happen to every player. It seems to happen randomly, sometimes a lot, sometimes fewer. I haven't found a pattern yet.

Any suggestions?

Add this problem to the list:
03/01/21 19:26 [ArkShop][error] (d:\programs\ark\plugins\arkshop\arkshop\private\database\sqllitedb.h SqlLite::GetPoints) Unexpected DB error not all rows extracted
Also adding a SteamId to a group always says: "Player or Group does not exist"

I'm using SqlLite multiples maps using the same DB.

Any suggestions?

I will put a version on my discord available for download which I believe will resolve this issue.
It will be located in "General -> ark-api-fixes" channel.

Monetize your ARK server
Tebex
Tempest Dedicated Servers
Rogue Vikings Discord Server - Rogue Vikings Gaming Servers - Minecraft Prison Servers - Minecraft Creative Servers
Back