Ark Permissions

Ark Permissions 2.0

No permission to download

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
hi guys, i try this plugin but i have a problem with the steamid stored in the database.
the steamid generated is not the same like the one generated from "showmyadminmanager" console.
For example if i check DB from ark permission i see: -237549384578439XXX and if i check arkshop points i see the correct one showed in myadminmanager console (like 7656119805XXXXXX)
i'm wrong with some settings?
many thanks for the help
Update your API (Re-install it with the latest on this site even if you have the latest installed (there was a double version released))

Changed ClusterSyncTime to be Seconds instead of Minutes (Minimum value 20s).

What does this do exactly and what is a good number to use for a very large player database?

Changed ClusterSyncTime to be Seconds instead of Minutes (Minimum value 20s).

What does this do exactly and what is a good number to use for a very large player database?
Should be fine with the default. (The min value is there to avoid ppl setting it to 0 cause that would cause lags.)

What is default? 5, 20 or 60? Cause there is 3 different numbers I see.

Hi all,

When i create a new group with command admincheat Permissions.AddGroup bronze, and when i type /groups in chat, i get listed only with Default and Admin groups.
I have added myself with command admincheat Permissions.Add 76561198208502883 bronze.

I am using Advanced Rate Controller and rates are working, but my group membership doesn't show?
Also, when i try to add Timed Group with command admincheat Permissions.AddTimed 76561198208502883 bronze 720 0 (trying to add myself for 30 days in hours), i dont get rates working.

For some reasone players are not saved in database. I am usinq sqlite default
Any idea?

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

So every single time i create a new group and then try to add players with the command Permissions.Add 76561198402639493 prime it's almost as if the players that im adding are not getting saved into the permissions database. I have to continuously added the players to the group and it only lasts maybe a few seconds before the data is no longer saved and the player gets auto removed and has to be added again.

Idk why this is happening seeing how i have the current updated file for the plugin. I am using the sqlite default as well.
Any ideas or suggestions i could try to do or do i need to wait for the plugin to get an udpate?

How do the timed permissions work? If I assign someone a timed permission via RCON, is it supposed to count down and then remove the permission? Because I have some timed permissions that should have expired by now, and those players still have the permission listed in the MySQL dbase.

What is default? 5, 20 or 60? Cause there is 3 different numbers I see.
20 seconds is the minimum value, I believe the default config is 60 seconds.

Hi all,

When i create a new group with command admincheat Permissions.AddGroup bronze, and when i type /groups in chat, i get listed only with Default and Admin groups.
I have added myself with command admincheat Permissions.Add 76561198208502883 bronze.

I am using Advanced Rate Controller and rates are working, but my group membership doesn't show?
Also, when i try to add Timed Group with command admincheat Permissions.AddTimed 76561198208502883 bronze 720 0 (trying to add myself for 30 days in hours), i dont get rates working.

For some reasone players are not saved in database. I am usinq sqlite default
Any idea?

We will have to look at the sqlite version for an issue.

Hi everyone,

So every single time i create a new group and then try to add players with the command Permissions.Add 76561198402639493 prime it's almost as if the players that im adding are not getting saved into the permissions database. I have to continuously added the players to the group and it only lasts maybe a few seconds before the data is no longer saved and the player gets auto removed and has to be added again.

Idk why this is happening seeing how i have the current updated file for the plugin. I am using the sqlite default as well.
Any ideas or suggestions i could try to do or do i need to wait for the plugin to get an udpate?

We will have to look at the sqlite version for an issue.

How do the timed permissions work? If I assign someone a timed permission via RCON, is it supposed to count down and then remove the permission? Because I have some timed permissions that should have expired by now, and those players still have the permission listed in the MySQL dbase.

Timed permissions will expire but stay in the database that is normal for how it works currently. We will discuss how to best clean those up without affecting performance.

Hey, exactly same issue. I add someone to group it says it was successful but they are not added or removed after a moment. Tried reinstalling ark API and Permissions all over again but it didn't help.

Hey so I have an issue when I add people to a group it auto removes them
Hey, exactly same issue. I add someone to group it says it was successful but they are not added or removed after a moment. Tried reinstalling ark API and Permissions all over again but it didn't help.

You guys need to provide more information like the posts above yours because it seems most issues center around the Sqlite database version.

I'm using mysql. When I type /groups it shows Defaut admin. Then I try to create new group with command in game and add myself - it says everything was succesful but I am not added, don't have any permissions and /groups stops showing anything. It's like it resets all the time or it didn't create database. (It actually didn't I checked)

I'm using mysql. When I type /groups it shows Defaut admin. Then I try to create new group with command in game and add myself - it says everything was succesful but I am not added, don't have any permissions and /groups stops showing anything. It's like it resets all the time or it didn't create database. (It actually didn't I checked)
I am having the same exact issue

i try to add a permission with the Permissions.AddTimed command but it dont work.
i can add players to a group and all works fine.
if i try to add anyone temporally to a group per command i get no response from the console and the player dont added to the db.

here the command what i tryed a player for one hour to the group "Color".

Permissions.AddTimed 76561198973970104 Color 1 0

anyone can help how i get this to work.

i try to add a permission with the Permissions.AddTimed command but it dont work.
i can add players to a group and all works fine.
if i try to add anyone temporally to a group per command i get no response from the console and the player dont added to the db.

here the command what i tryed a player for one hour to the group "Color".

Permissions.AddTimed 76561198973970104 Color 1 0

anyone can help how i get this to work.

They hopefully are working on fixing the issue with the plugin to where new information for players is not being saved like they should be regardless of the command to add players that is being used, just waiting for the update on a fix for it since a lot of people have been having issues with the plugin not saving new data except for groups

make prolongation of timed permissions if activated again:
1 usage: Permissions.AddTimed 76561198933323970 Premium 720 0 = 30d
2 usage Permissions.AddTimed 76561198933323970 Premium 720 0 = 60d

I got the same issue that others have mentioned, when adding a new player to a group the other player gets removed. I have tried reinstalling ark api, and the permissions api and nothing seems to work. I dont use mysql, never did and never had this issue before.

Tempest Dedicated Servers
Tebex
Back