ARK Cross Server Chat

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
[ArkCrossServerChat][error] (ArkCrossServerChat.cpp Load) Failed to setup database unable to open database file
05/05/18 20:07 [API][warning] Failed to load plugin - ArkCrossServerChat
Error code: 1114

i am getting that on all servers any reason why here is my Config

each server has its own plug in folder but seems not to work please help

Last edited:
"DatabasePath": "\\139.99.142.221_7977\\ShooterGame\\Binaries\\Win64\\ArkApi\\Plugins\\ArkCrossServerChat\\ArkCrossServerChat.db"
That's path dosen't like correct...

More something like this: "DatabasePath":"C:\\ARK Servers\\ArkCrossServerChat.db"
And second of all, everyone needs to have the same DB path if you want this to work.

when i added what you said didnt look right it only gave me error

then when i added what you said to add it says this again

[ArkCrossServerChat][error] (ArkCrossServerChat.cpp Load) Failed to setup database unable to open database file

Off topic, does Tobias ever come here again?
Seems like he is being off for some time now.

"DatabasePath": "\\139.99.142.221_7977\\ShooterGame\\Binaries\\Win64\\ArkApi\\Plugins\\ArkCrossServerChat\\ArkCrossServerChat.db"
That's path dosen't like correct...

More something like this: "DatabasePath":"C:\\ARK Servers\\ArkCrossServerChat.db"
And second of all, everyone needs to have the same DB path if you want this to work.

i am getting that on all servers any reason why here is my Config

each server has its own plug in folder but seems not to work please help

Hello Does Ayone Have An Answer For My problem Thanks

I am also getting the same 2 errors

and everything looks correct

Hello Does Ayone Have An Answer For My problem Thanks
I am also getting the same 2 errors

and everything looks correct
Have you check so you have write/read access to these folders. Looks like you are using a server provider, maybe they can help you solve this. As this isn't an issue normally :)

And another tip: You use a shared folder instead of using one of the servers "plugin" folder.
As I have is that I use 3 Servers in a chat-cluster.
JSON:
{
    "ClusterKey": "cluster-example-name-001",
    "ServerKey": "Aberration PvP",
    "ServerTag": "Aberration",
    "NamePattern": "{Name} [{ServerTag}]",
    "HideServerTagOnLocal": true,
    "DatabasePath": "C:\\Server\\cluster\\ArkCrossServerChat.db"
}
JSON:
{
    "ServerKey": "Island PvP",
    "ServerTag": "Island",
}
JSON:
{
    "ServerKey": "Ragnarok PvP",
    "ServerTag": "Ragnarok",
}

Hey guys.... LOVE THIS PLUG IN. Was playing on a map by myself earlier... but I wasn't... it was GREAT!

Only issues i have currently is our Auto Update scripts. I wrote these scripts to send warning messages to the servers... and these messages are being copied from server to server. They don't restart at the same time so it can be confusing for the players (tags weren't showing either). Any way for that to be addressed? Either so that RCON messages only go to the intended server? OR Maybe you can add a tag for Text lines that can be ignored by the plugin?

Thanks again for your good work!

Can we get a Rcon fix. This does not show chat through Rcon for Ark mobile app. Removed the Plugin and all chat works again. Please and thank you for such a wonderful plugin. I just have to be able to see chat through Rcon!

For multi server chat is really very practical. But when can many languages be supported? Is there a plan for this? We look forward to your support.

Is it possible to get this chat on to a website and are there any tips how I can do this?

RCO
Can we get a Rcon fix. This does not show chat through Rcon for Ark mobile app. Removed the Plugin and all chat works again. Please and thank you for such a wonderful plugin. I just have to be able to see chat through Rcon!
RCON chat works fine... I communicate with all of my servers through RCON extensively. Not sure exactly what you are trying to do, and whats youre having issues with.

OK... new situation. I have 2 clusters on one server. One PVP and on PVE. I want cluster-wide chat to work, but I don't want the clusters to communicate with each other. If I set each to use a different database I shouldn't get cross-cluster communication... correct?

OK... new situation. I have 2 clusters on one server. One PVP and on PVE. I want cluster-wide chat to work, but I don't want the clusters to communicate with each other. If I set each to use a different database I shouldn't get cross-cluster communication... correct?
Correct, it needs to have the same database to be able to cluster-chat.

Cool... I do want chat across all of that set of PVE and PVP servers in their individual clusters. But dont want PVE to talk to PVP. What I REALLY want is for this PVE cluster to talk to the other 2 PVE clusters on a different machine. But from what I understand, cross-server chat depends on a windows process that doesnt communicate across machines.

Cool... I do want chat across all of that set of PVE and PVP servers in their individual clusters. But dont want PVE to talk to PVP. What I REALLY want is for this PVE cluster to talk to the other 2 PVE clusters on a different machine. But from what I understand, cross-server chat depends on a windows process that doesnt communicate across machines.
That's more complicated...,

Rogue Vikings Discord Server - Rogue Vikings Gaming Servers - Minecraft Prison Servers - Minecraft Creative Servers
Monetize your ARK server
Tebex
Tempest Dedicated Servers
Back