ARK Cross Server Chat

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I like the plug-in that you design very much,He has successfully run on my cluster server.But it doesn't support Chinese,When I input Chinese characters,it shows “??”.Can it be made to support Chinese? Really really think this plug-in is very useful. It allows different map players to communicate with each other.

You don't, All server just need to have the same path for the database. ;)
Example:
JSON:
{
    "ServerKey": "The Island",
    "ClusterKey": "MyCluster",
    "ServerTag": "Island",
    "NamePattern": "[{ServerTag}] {Name}",
    "HideServerTagOnLocal": true,
    "DatabasePath": "C:\\this\\must\\be\\the\\same\\path\\for\\all\\your\\servers\\ArkCrossServerChat.db"
}

"HideServerTagOnLocal": true, should I fix it ?
This parameter only changes if you want to show the "ServerTag" even tho if you are playing the server. So if you have on false it will be showing the "ServerTag" all the time. If you have it on true it will only show the "ServerTag" for other servers.
JSON:

Got a strange issue that occurs only on the Aberration server. the only way to get the chat from the Aberration server, is to chat from one of the others, then all the chat gets dumped in..what is going on... all the settings are the same except for the chat names..

Got a strange issue that occurs only on the Aberration server. the only way to get the chat from the Aberration server, is to chat from one of the others, then all the chat gets dumped in..what is going on... all the settings are the same except for the chat names..
The chat is stored in the DB you assign in your config file. I think Tobias is going to change that. But thats how it works now.

Can not use Thai language, print will be up "????"
It is not supported yet!

//Foppa

The chat is stored in the DB you assign in your config file. I think Tobias is going to change that. But thats how it works now.
//Foppa

Yes, this is how it is setup, which is why the chat is found, but why dump the comments in to the chat only when i make a comment in the chat?

Yes, this is how it is setup, which is why the chat is found, but why dump the comments in to the chat only when i make a comment in the chat?
comments?

I must not be making my self clear, sorry .. Basicly those chatting on "server c" are not seen at all. It is only when i make a post in chat, that all the chat posts from "Server C" are seen. ie. i say hello, i see no post. 5 minutes later i say hello again, at that point i see where everyone else said hello back 5 minutes ago... it could be 1 post or 20 posts, they all get dumped in to the chat box at once..it is only with Server C. A and B work perfectly.

I must not be making my self clear, sorry .. Basicly those chatting on "server c" are not seen at all. It is only when i make a post in chat, that all the chat posts from "Server C" are seen. ie. i say hello, i see no post. 5 minutes later i say hello again, at that point i see where everyone else said hello back 5 minutes ago... it could be 1 post or 20 posts, they all get dumped in to the chat box at once..it is only with Server C. A and B work perfectly.
Ah okay, well I understand now. Are all servers on the same host?

Will you support Chinese? I'm looking forward to making him support Chinese. This is a very useful plug-in.

Ah okay, well I understand now. Are all servers on the same host?
Of course, i am the host :p. and all on the same computer. Tobias pointed me to the handler; "Make sure the servers are running elevated, if that does not work you can investigate the synchronization object using Process Explorer" whatever that means :) I have the process explorer running, but have no idea what to look for.

How to identify if players are talking about "Island" or "Ragnarok"?
By using the the server tag!

Example on Server 1

Example on server 2
"ServerTag": "Ragnarok",

My settings:
Just need to change this in both files???

"ServerKey": "server1",
"ClusterKey": "cluster1",
"NamePattern": "{Name} [{ServerTag}]",
"DatabasePath": "C:\\TCAFiles

-----------

"ServerKey": "server2",
"ClusterKey": "cluster2",
"ServerTag": "Ragnarok",
"NamePattern": "{Name} [{ServerTag}]",
"DatabasePath": "C:\\TCAFiles
Hi @darkjohnlpk
Yes, correctly! But you should have the same ClusterKey on both servers if you want them to talk with eachother.

Rogue Vikings Discord Server - Rogue Vikings Gaming Servers - Minecraft Prison Servers - Minecraft Creative Servers
Tempest Dedicated Servers
Monetize your ARK server
Tebex
Back