ARK Cross Server Chat

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
1. you need \\ and no /
2. this path is your release folder?
"DatabasePath": "\\181.215.47.103_7777\\ShooterGame\\Binaries\\Win64\\BeyondAp\\Plugins\\ArkCrossServerChat\\ArkCrossServerChat.db"
i use the cluster folder for my server chat

Every Server with API his own Config
so you world have this be your database location? \\ArkCrossServerChat.db
also Do I Just Make Up The Server/clusterKey

Is it now possible to see the chat messages on rcon? If not, is there a way to add this? This would be very nice ;) By the way... THX for your great work!
I haven't changed anything with regards to rcon in path 2.02 so if it wasn't working before then it will not work now. I think it was working before 2.0 but maybe the changes required to support server tags unintentionally made rcon break.

Is it possible to add support to change color on the Server tag in the general chat?

Regards
Foppa

The plugin loads me correctly.
How are comments sent to the cluster server?

The plugin loads me correctly.
How are comments sent to the cluster server?
Trough the plugin via the database!

@Tobias can you add a column with a timestamp to the db, it would be awesome since I am using it for logging. Not needed but nice to have... :p

Regards
Foppa

it's so unfortunate every plugin is like so close to perfect :( but yet lacking.....

This would be flippin' fantastic IF all the maps did not have to be on the same machine.....

it's so unfortunate every plugin is like so close to perfect :( but yet lacking.....

This would be flippin' fantastic IF all the maps did not have to be on the same machine.....
You don't need to. Make a network share ;)

/Foppa

You don't need to. Make a network share ;)

/Foppa
Elaborate why this is a good idea?
I was just going off of the information stated by OP - if you know something he doesn't please share.
Running the maps from a network share? seems like a performance disaster. no?

Elaborate why this is a good idea?
I was just going off of the information stated by OP - if you know something he doesn't please share.
Running the maps from a network share? seems like a performance disaster. no?
Well depends on your network equipment ofc. I have no trouble of keeping up high speed in my network that the db needs for it to work.
If you want to do this I would for the best network performance put a private network and interface between with a VLAN so nothing can disturb the network traffic between the servers etc. Still, there is no possibility to actuality tell the plugin to write to an external DB you just change the path where it should write. And therefore you need a network path that could be accessed by all the servers.

Good luck while trying ;)

Regards
Foppa

Well depends on your network equipment ofc. I have no trouble of keeping up high speed in my network that the db needs for it to work.
If you want to do this I would for the best network performance put a private network and interface between with a VLAN so nothing can disturb the network traffic between the servers etc. Still, there is no possibility to actuality tell the plugin to write to an external DB you just change the path where it should write. And therefore you need a network path that could be accessed by all the servers.

Good luck while trying ;)

Regards
Foppa

Oh so simply mapping the DB path to a network drive is all it takes?

Why would OP state what they stated then about multiple machines utilizing the plugin :p

Last edited:
Oh so simply mapping the DB path to a network drive is all it takes?

Why would OP state what they stated then about multiple machines utilizing the plugin :p
Hmm.. yeah it might be so that i haven't noticed that on my servers :D Good that I don't have that need since I have 2 separate clusters but I use the file to export to an external database so I wanted everything to be collected in the same file :)

Since the plugin is using the Windows pulse component it might be that the other server on the other host doesn't see the chat and so on.
Sorry for miss guiding you :)

/Foppa

I can't see Rcon chat at all with this latest ver. Only my tribe logs. Love the plugin though very much thank you.

I also have a issue with RCON and logs not getting chat. Every now and then a message does go through, but very rarely. And on occasion the reverse happens, a message does go through RCON but not Cross Server. This is a issue. I had to remove it until it's updated and fixed :(.
Are some people having a issue and others not with the RCON? Also this Synchronization thing you mention. Is this somthing we have to download and install? Or somthing we have to mess with or something? I never heard of this before and didn't see a download for it.
Win 10 using ASM RCON

I also have a issue with RCON and logs not getting chat. Every now and then a message does go through, but very rarely. And on occasion the reverse happens, a message does go through RCON but not Cross Server. This is a issue. I had to remove it until it's updated and fixed :(.
Are some people having a issue and others not with the RCON? Also this Synchronization thing you mention. Is this somthing we have to download and install? Or somthing we have to mess with or something? I never heard of this before and didn't see a download for it.
Win 10 using ASM RCON
I don't know if it was intentional that the chat disappears from the server console and from RCON. I leave that question to @Tobias
Windows PulseEvent Synchronization API is already apart of windows so you don't need to install or do any actions on that.
ASM RCON is quite unstable imao, So I wouldn't count on that tool to be 100% all the time.
//Foppa

Hello,

my cluster is like the following
1.2.3.4 ip - 3 maps
1.2.3.5 ip - 3 other maps

I shared the .db file, so all maps works,
but only the same IP maps could see the cluster chat. :S
Anyone whom solved this?

Rogue Vikings Discord Server - Rogue Vikings Gaming Servers - Minecraft Prison Servers - Minecraft Creative Servers
Tebex
Monetize your ARK server
Tempest Dedicated Servers
Back