ARK Cross Server Chat

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Is it somehow doable? It seems as if all 3 were using the same database that it would work. But from what I understood from past reading, it wouldnt work
No, Windows PulseEvent needs to be communicating with the other server somehow.

I am using ASM and getting the 1114 error. Here is my config

{
"ServerKey": "Xrot - The Center",
"ClusterKey": "XROT1",
"ServerTag": "TheCenter",
"NamePattern": "{Name} [{ServerTag}]",
"HideServerTagOnLocal": false,
"DatabasePath": "C:\\ASM\\Servers\\Server1\\shootergame\\binaries\\win64\\arkapi\\plugins\\arkcrosserverchat\\ArkCrossServerChat.db"
}

So my questions about the config file: Is "ServerKey" the name of your server as shown on steam or as Server1 in the ASM directory. Server1 in my ASM dir is The Center map. XROT1 is my cluster so no brainer there. ServerTag I am assuming is the mapname. Do I use doubleback slash throughout my database path or just after C: I am guessing it is an easy fix I am just overlooking.

It is the ServerKey assigned in the server start argument.

BTW... the sooner you stop using ASM the better. It WILL give you problems!

EDIT:

And youre DB path SHOULD be more centralized to all of the servers...

C:\\ASM\\Servers\\chatbd\\ArkCrossServerChat.db

All servers in the cluster use the same database. Silly to have it embedded that deep in one servers file structure

It is the ServerKey assigned in the server start argument.

BTW... the sooner you stop using ASM the better. It WILL give you problems!

EDIT:

And youre DB path SHOULD be more centralized to all of the servers...

C:\\ASM\\Servers\\chatbd\\ArkCrossServerChat.db

All servers in the cluster use the same database. Silly to have it embedded that deep in one servers file structure

That worked! Thenk you Smooreace. What do you recommend over ASM? I have gotten good at fixing ASM issues that is for sure lol

All management and automation crap has issues. ASM is great for new people to get a server started, but its absolute garbage at mod management! Your best bet is delete everything ASM related at this point and do everything manually. Build batch files to do individual server Ark updates, then another that updates all of your servers. Build a batch file to distribute your mod updates, and do all mod updates with files transferred from a good working client.

NEVER use automanagedmods!

Every mod update started with deleting the mod files from the client mod folder and the cache folder, unsubscribe, resubscribe, start Ark and let the mod extract, kill Ark and copy the 100% fresh data to the server. Then use the batch file to spread that new fresh data to all of your servers. You will NEVER have a mod issue this way!

The one reason i still use ASM is for the automatic updates when there is a new version of ark or a mod I dont think there is anything out there that dose the same mods can update in the middle of the night and makes your servers unplayable until your around to update them

on another note dose anyone else notice that chat is not logged to console or rcon when using this plugin ?

The one reason i still use ASM is for the automatic updates when there is a new version of ark or a mod I dont think there is anything out there that does the same mods can update in the middle of the night and makes your servers unplayable until your around to update them
While automated Ark updates do work, MOD updates do not! Or at least they didn't last time I checked. If they did a total rework in how they handle mod files and cache then its possible it's fixed. The problem is that Steam can't handle small mod updates. It doesn't do any Hash checks to determine the need for updating a file. They only look at the file size. So it an update is code related, for the most part, Steam won't see a file size change and not update. There is about a 75% failure rate for mod updates of less than 1.5MB. The result is a mod mismatch, and a PITA to fix. The solution SMART modders came up with was to add a bogus texture to the mod. Add it on even updates, and remove it on odd updates. This triggers Steam to do a full dload. Unfortunately their arent a lot of modders comprehending the need,

Running 4 clusters for a total of 27 servers, I totally get the need for a better way to update. But the only 100% successful way to do it is mostly manual.

While automated Ark updates do work, MOD updates do not! Or at least they didn't last time I checked. If they did a total rework in how they handle mod files and cache then its possible it's fixed. The problem is that Steam can't handle small mod updates. It doesn't do any Hash checks to determine the need for updating a file. They only look at the file size. So it an update is code related, for the most part, Steam won't see a file size change and not update. There is about a 75% failure rate for mod updates of less than 1.5MB. The result is a mod mismatch, and a PITA to fix. The solution SMART modders came up with was to add a bogus texture to the mod. Add it on even updates, and remove it on odd updates. This triggers Steam to do a full dload. Unfortunately their arent a lot of modders comprehending the need,

Running 4 clusters for a total of 27 servers, I totally get the need for a better way to update. But the only 100% successful way to do it is mostly manual.
Yes they have there own method of updating the mods now and dont even have options for enabling arks own version anymore (unless you add it to the arguments ) dont get me wrong it still has other querks but ive not had problems with it auto restarting and updating mods for a wile now to behonest if i could find another way to have the server auto update when it finds there is a mod to update I would probably not use ASM I just thort i would give my 2 cents on the subject of ASM its auto updates are a must for me

Ive just tested with a fresh server and just the API default permissions plugin and ArkCrossServerChat and the same no chat in console or rcon remove or unload the plugin ArkCrossServerChat and its back can anyone else spin up a fresh server and confirm ?

No reason to use a fresh server if an existing server works fine

9433933ddb6ea8447dfcadc6d52bfd98.png

https://gyazo.com/9433933ddb6ea8447dfcadc6d52bfd98

you may have a plugin thats affecting it and actually makes it work ? considering ive set up a fresh server and just added API and this plugin I felt that there is not a lot I could do to affect it working so comparing it to some one elses fresh server would be a good comparison

Its likely more to do with your server start arguments than the plug-in. There are a few that could handle chat being pushed to RCON. This is what I use... not so much because they are needed, but because Ive never cleaned up the mess from the first ark server 3+ years ago and still use the same start routines..

Code:
?bRawSockets?QueryPort=27083?Port=7822?bAllowUnlimitedRespecs=true?CrossARKAllowForeignDinoDownloads=true -webalarm -NoTransferFromFiltering -AutoDestroyStructures -servergamelog -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -UseBattlEye -useallavailablecores -clusterid=monster -ClusterDirOverride="E:\Game Server\Monster Ark\" -usecache -log -servergamelog -ServerRCONOutputTribeLogs -serverkey=monster-ragnarok

Add this one and you will likely be fixed

-ServerRCONOutputTribeLogs

Oops... actually read what I posted.. that argument has nothing to do with chat

DER!

well the only thing I change to fix is remove the plugin may I ask if you are using the latest version or Ark Cross Server chat and what your OS version (Year) is

Yes... the most recent. And running Server 2008. Whats different in your startup arguments from mine?

mine is
Code:
D:\GameServers\Ark\ARK Servers\EG Cluster\Ragnarok\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe Ragnarok?listen?MultiHome=0.0.0.0?Port=7779?QueryPort=27016?MaxPlayers=70?AllowCrateSpawnsOnTopOfStructures=True -EnableIdlePlayerKick -ClusterDirOverride="D:\GameServers\Ark\ARK Servers\EG Cluster\ClusterData" -serverkey=eg_ragnarok_pvp -clusterid=egcluster001 -NoTransferFromFiltering -UseBattlEye -servergamelog -servergamelogincludetribelogs -NotifyAdminCommandsInChat -usecache -nomemorybias -NoHangDetection -nosteamclient -game -server -log
But I dont see how the startup line would affect the chat being not displayed in the output window and on Rcon just but having the plugin loaded

Edit Also im using Windows Server 2016

Last edited:
Tempest Dedicated Servers
Monetize your ARK server
Tebex
Rogue Vikings Discord Server - Rogue Vikings Gaming Servers - Minecraft Prison Servers - Minecraft Creative Servers
Back