Permissions Plugin Error after ARK Update

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Little update; seems like the issue has been fixed. The new version is currently under testing!

The updated ArkAPI Version will be updated shortly. Beware: Not all plugins might work, depending on how the developer has compiled it.

RawSockets was on my server, I disabled it. And now players are not getting the connection errors on their end.
However, RawSockets being disabled does not make the plugin work.
I use the SHOP and /points does nothing. Seems the plugins are not working. Plugins don't error. They just don't work.

JAT from Wildcard said:
Today at 5:24 PM we're gonna hard disable it in code as our new socket system wont rly support it/doesnt need it binary will go out for that soon and we'll see if that helps also working on a listing issue for servers (seems to be affecting officials, possibly may affect unofficials too but we're on it)

However, I've been told that the Ark Plugin API has to be "fixed" to work with this new version, in the crystal Isles discord. CI is crashing with a white screen of death, whereas with raw sockets off, all my other maps are now fine. No errors. Just no working plugins. Removing the plugins folder from CI and going to try it again.

How to Fix:

Step 1: Update server through steam
Step 2: backup your api plugin files (i suggest .zip)
Step 3: uninstall arkapi
Step 4: Install arkapi from source. (make sure it is the updated one)
Step 5: upload backup and extract in plugins folder.
Step 6: go to Plugins>Permissions>Delete Permissions.dll
Step 7: Download NEW Permissions.dll from (https://www.dropbox.com/s/7eel83c2ibmxr3n/Permissions.dll?dl=0)
Step 8: upload Downloaded Permissions.dll to Plugins>Permissions>
Step 9: Enjoy!

(Note for clusters: you need to repeat on each server)

You now have a working API like is was before WC fucked it <3

Last edited:
How to Fix:

Step 1: Update server through steam
Step 2: backup your api plugin files (i suggest .zip)
Step 3: uninstall arkapi
Step 4: Install arkapi from source. (make sure it is the updated one)
Step 5: upload backup and extract in plugins folder.
Step 6: go to Plugins>Permissions>Delete Permissions.dll
Step 7: Download NEW Permissions.dll from (https://www.dropbox.com/s/7eel83c2ibmxr3n/Permissions.dll?dl=0)
Step 8: upload Downloaded Permissions.dll to Plugins>Permissions>
Step 9: Enjoy!

(Note for clusters: you need to repeat on each server)

You now have a working API like is was before WC fucked it <3
is not working for me xd

How does one "Reinstall" ? Just delete everything and then put it all back in?

Sorry if that seems stupid.

How does one "Reinstall" ? Just delete everything and then put it all back in?

Sorry if that seems stupid.
depending on what server provider you use, reinstalling a plugin will basically mean that yes

Monetize your ARK server
Tebex
Tempest Dedicated Servers
Rogue Vikings Discord Server - Rogue Vikings Gaming Servers - Minecraft Prison Servers - Minecraft Creative Servers
Back