Chat Icons

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
nice update :) glad to see your still doing this. Could it be possible to add the ability for it to show across clusters? if not thats ok :)

hi sorry if this has already been asked but how would i direct it to a mod ie Primal fear ect ? and also the plugin is loading but i still have no icons ingame .

Last edited:
nice update :) glad to see your still doing this. Could it be possible to add the ability for it to show across clusters? if not thats ok :)

Thanks! I am still working on plugins, but I'm generally kept fairly busy by my own ARK servers and work.

For the "across clusters" question, are you using a cross-server chat plugin and want the icons to go over that? I have looked into that before, but I can't see any way to make it work from this plugin alone. Sadly, it really needs explicit support built into the cross-server plugin to work, and keeping this plugin fairly specific to just icons allows people to use whichever cross-server chat plugin they like. Though, I would be open to modifying this plugin to help cross-server chat plugins support this if any of their authors are interested.

If you're not using a cross-server chat plugin, copying the config file to all the servers on the cluster should work for the steam id and group lists, but tribe ids differ per server and would need to be specific to each server.

hi sorry if this has already been asked but how would i direct it to a mod ie Primal fear ect ? and also the plugin is loading but i still have no icons ingame .
I don't have any specific experience with using modded icons, but I'd assume it would just be finding the correct path to the icons (it may have "/Mods/" in the path).

Are you getting any errors from the plugin (something like error 1114)? I would expect an error from that config.json since line 14 (the second steam id) has a trailing comma and is the last entry in the list. The fairly strict JSON parser that is in use considers this invalid as it expects another item to follow and it won't find one.

Hi mate,

How can I see the icons before apply them?

Cheers.
TOFUDIDO

Hey @TOFUDIDO,

The easiest way may be to download the ARK Dev Kit and attempt to look around in the content files. I'd briefly looked into generating PNGs from the asset files, but it was going to be more work than it was worth at the time especially since the available icons changes with mods and new DLC releases.

Hello, can you support atlas with this api?
Hey @AtlasYet,

I had gotten far enough to make the plugin compile for Atlas, but it's nothing more than a port and the icons likely only work within the same section of the map.

I'm normally pretty busy, so I have to justify this sort of thing against my other time commitments. Unfortunately, Atlas is pretty hard to justify at the moment since most of its player-base is gone (SteamDB graph).

Hey @AtlasYet,

I had gotten far enough to make the plugin compile for Atlas, but it's nothing more than a port and the icons likely only work within the same section of the map.

I'm normally pretty busy, so I have to justify this sort of thing against my other time commitments. Unfortunately, Atlas is pretty hard to justify at the moment since most of its player-base is gone (SteamDB graph).
That's fine. Thank you!

Hi, i have an issue with this Plugin, when i try to Start the Server there is this Error Message:

Code:
09/02/19 09:30 [ChatIcons][error] [json.exception.parse_error.101] parse error at 203: syntax error - unexpected string literal; expected '}'
09/02/19 09:30 [API][warning] (API::PluginManager::LoadAllPlugins) Failed to load plugin - ChatIcons
Error code: 1114

Hi, is there a way to use custom Icons? Not from the Game or from any Mod just Pictures (or .icon Files) i load on my Server?

Hi, is there a way to use custom Icons? Not from the Game or from any Mod just Pictures (or .icon Files) i load on my Server?
no

if spectator mode enabled chat icon is not showed even default star icon too

Hello!

I want to use this with SteamIDs only for 1 player on my server, is it possible to do this by deleting the groups and tribe lines?

Thank you

Monetize your ARK server
Tebex
Tempest Dedicated Servers
Rogue Vikings Discord Server - Rogue Vikings Gaming Servers - Minecraft Prison Servers - Minecraft Creative Servers
Back