Ping and kick

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

SaiyajinGod

It would be interesting if a plugin detects the IP of every player when it connects and pings it. When the ping is higher than the number specified in the configuration file, send a private message to the player indicating his ping, the maximum ping allowed and that will be kicked, and of course, that he will be kicked. The IP of the player should be easy to get, it is saved in the .arkprofile files. Would such a mod be possible?

It would be a great progress to avoid lag on servers.

This is a fantastic idea. Essentially enabling region locks, and I really don't think it would be much stress on a server.

but is there a need? servers are not ran p2p meaning people lagging only effects them.

no its barely any stress at all cause you can check like each 1 min ect and i dont need to get the players ip at all and pretty sure i can already get ping ill make this shortly if the ping returned is correct, one problem i notice with this straight away on popular servers your ping can go up to 200 so keep that in mind when adding this and i will include a strike system like if you get 5 strikes in 6 minutes and you were checking each 1 minute it will kick the player after warning 5 times.

Completed it just gotta wait for Michidu to approve it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tebex
Tempest Dedicated Servers
Monetize your ARK server
Rogue Vikings Discord Server - Rogue Vikings Gaming Servers - Minecraft Prison Servers - Minecraft Creative Servers
Back