Cross Server Chat [Deleted]

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Firsth thanks for your great work!

Im having this same fault after a while on random of my server.

The error is on RconCrossServerChat.dll and the server shutdown automaticaly.

I´m using your api for months and this error is too frequently now.

I sent you the error on windows event viwer and sorry for my english.

You can help us?

Have same problem when EGS users send long message.

The plugin it not working fine on the Extiocion map from me. you can read the message in the ragnarock map from extioncion. Only vica versa not. This is a message wat i see. [RconCrossServerChat][warning] Failed to send rcon packet to 127.0.0.1:32430 Error: 10053

The plugin it not working fine on the Extiocion map from me. you can read the message in the ragnarock map from extioncion. Only vica versa not. This is a message wat i see. [RconCrossServerChat][warning] Failed to send rcon packet to 127.0.0.1:32430 Error: 10053

Its working now. After a restart

For some reason people can not see Crystal Isles chat on valguero, despite having reinstalled the plugin and config on both servers.

Reading all the above comments I take it this plugin has reach EndOfLife?

For some reason people can not see Crystal Isles chat on valguero, despite having reinstalled the plugin and config on both servers.

Reading all the above comments I take it this plugin has reach EndOfLife?
It's it as is, won't be supported any further developing for this plugin.

I made this account for exactly one purpose:

To ask that anyone who has SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED THIS PLUGIN AND HAD IT WORK ACROSS MULTIPLE ARKS, create a single post with the following information:

1.) Please include your EXACT .json details (assuming you have the exact details matching across all servers) Please include an explanation of the "CrossChatKey" and its significance in the plugin.
2.) Please specify whether you are using a private server (IE: you personally own the machine on which you are running the server/s) or you are renting servers from a hosting service.
3.) What files need to be configured, how to do so and why.
4.) What the conditions of each server need to be in order to successfully run the plugin. (IE: Port forwarding, UTF-Encoding, etc)

I read each and every post in this entire thread and not ONE SINGLE PERSON, even those appearing to know what they're doing, took five minutes of their time to briefly explain the installation process, not even the mod author, who has a Discord which I implore everyone to utilize in troubleshooting: OwnProx#3654

I have done everything I need to do to set up this plugin and still cannot get it to work, even my server host can't figure it out. All of the posts like mine have gone unanswered or given sidelong replies that ultimately help nobody. Please somebody find the time to comprehensively answer the question literally half of this thread is asking.

To ask that anyone who has SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED THIS PLUGIN AND HAD IT WORK ACROSS MULTIPLE ARKS, create a single post with the following information:

1.) Please include your EXACT .json details (assuming you have the exact details matching across all servers) Please include an explanation of the "CrossChatKey" and its significance in the plugin.
2.) Please specify whether you are using a private server (IE: you personally own the machine on which you are running the server/s) or you are renting servers from a hosting service.
4.) What the conditions of each server need to be in order to successfully run the plugin. (IE: Port forwarding, UTF-Encoding, etc)

I read each and every post in this entire thread and not ONE SINGLE PERSON, even those appearing to know what they're doing, took five minutes of their time to briefly explain the installation process, not even the mod author, who has a Discord which I implore everyone to utilize in troubleshooting: OwnProx#3654

I have done everything I need to do to set up this plugin and still cannot get it to work, even my server host can't figure it out. All of the posts like mine have gone unanswered or given sidelong replies that ultimately help nobody. Please somebody find the time to comprehensively answer the question literally half of this thread is asking.
I'm sorry, but for your knowledge, this plugin is as it is. If it works. It works. I have used it before But I host my server completely by myself and I had zero issues with it at that time.
If you have decent knowledge about networking and how TCP works it should be hard to figure out how to get plugin to work.

You should know the further development of this plugin has halted, due to the instability of the built-in RCON in ARK.

Here is an example from my config:
JSON:
{
    "CrossChatKey":"mycluster-cluster-00", <--- Could be anything
    "CrossChatMapNameInclude":true, <--- If we should send the Map name to other servers
    "RconServers":[
    "10.1.2.10:37000", <--- 10.1.2.10 = Internal IP for the machine. 37000 = The port for the RCON port that the server use
    "10.1.2.10:37001",
    "10.1.2.10:37002",
    "10.1.2.10:37003",
    "10.1.2.10:37004",
    "10.1.2.10:37005"
    ],
    "CrossChatMapNameOverride":"(EX)", <--- This option customize the "Name" the plugin send to other servers.
    "Async":true <-- If the the chat should be Async or not
}

Further development of this plugin has been done here: https://arkserverapi.com/index.php?resources/advanced-chat.29/
Where it uses another technic. instead of "RCON"

I just set this up last night. 9/3/2020. It's working great.
1)The key can be anything you want it to be. Simply set up this config and copy it into the arkapi/plugins/rconcrossserverchat folder in every servers directory. Here is my config: 127.0.0.1 for server IP because my servers all reside on the same box. If your servers are on separate IP addresses, make sure you put those IP addresses there instead. The ports listed after the IP address are the RCON ports for each of the servers. If these are incorrect or your firewall does not allow rcon over those ports, this plugin will not work.
Code:
{
    "CrossChatKey":"123456",
    "CrossChatMapNameInclude":true,
    "127.0.0.1:32330",
    "127.0.0.1:32332",
    "127.0.0.1:32334",
    "127.0.0.1:32336",
    "127.0.0.1:32338"
    ],
    "CrossChatMapNameOverride":"",
    "Async":true
}

2)I am running my own servers on a dedicated box. Located in a datacenter.

3)Config.Json is the only file you need to configure.

4)The RCON ports of your servers need to be open.

Note: Once it's installed on all of the servers, restart them. I tried manually loading the plugin and it said it loaded, but nothing started working until I actually restarted all of the servers.

Last edited:
to build off of GamingSanctum, Yesterday I had to actually add the local IP (so instead of 127.0.0.1 I had to add 192.168.1.x) and that fixed my issues with it

Hello, the chat works on all cluster maps except Aberration.
I reinstalled and checked the config file, it seems to be good.
Another problem, the first message displays squares, then it works well
Thank you

Bonjour, la chat fonctionne sur toutes les maps en cluster sauf Aberration.
J'ai réinstaller et vérifier le fichier config, il a l'air d"être bon
Autre problème, le premier message affiche des carrés, ensuite ça fonctionne bien
Merci

View attachment 3341

Hello, the chat doesn't work and have that error:
09/13/20 03:01 [RconCrossServerChat][error] Config Read Error: Unknown exception
09/13/20 03:01 [RconCrossServerChat][error] Plugin Disabled please add a CrossChatKey
Anybody knows why?
Thanks.

Hello, the chat doesn't work and have that error:
09/13/20 03:01 [RconCrossServerChat][error] Config Read Error: Unknown exception
09/13/20 03:01 [RconCrossServerChat][error] Plugin Disabled please add a CrossChatKey
Anybody knows why?
Thanks.
I ended up using my rcon pw for the CrossChatKey in the json and it works. Look for examples of the config, the screenshots some Russian guy shared are pretty good.

I'm trying to use RichColor tag to change the color of MapName. But there is always a comma at the end of the message. I was wondering if you could fix it. I appreciate so much.

View attachment 977

{
"CrossChatKey":"serverkey",
"CrossChatMapNameInclude":true,
"127.0.0.1:19983"
],
"CrossChatMapNameOverride":"<RichColor Color=\"1 , 0 , 0 , 1\">[TestServer] </>"
}

Did you @free_sc or anyone else find a fix to the comma? Thanks!

@OwnProx this is an awesome plug-in, still working, appreciate it and good job.

I ended up using my rcon pw for the CrossChatKey in the json and it works. Look for examples of the config, the screenshots some Russian guy shared are pretty good.
I tried with rcon pw but the same error appear. I don't know why.
uwu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tebex
Tempest Dedicated Servers
Rogue Vikings Discord Server - Rogue Vikings Gaming Servers - Minecraft Prison Servers - Minecraft Creative Servers
Monetize your ARK server
Back