Atlas Server Manager (Source available)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
The point wasn't to fight about it. Just to point out that one method of using steamcmd IS working, and another ISNT. The only difference is the implementation. So what's the real difference between a manual steamcmd update and the one used in the manager? I'm not claiming to know... its a genuine question. The answer is the solution!

@smooreace I think you quoted the wrong person there. I was quoting baylf2000 saying that my fix is an actual fix and the steamcmd method does in fact work correctly. I tested it in all of those VM's I listed. My version even installs the software on initial setup. Once you create a single server location it checks to see if the server is installed and if not it auto installs it for you. It also checks to see if the REDIS server is running and starts it before auto starting the servers and does so on an actual delay specified in the settings. Along with many other fixes, I am currently working on RCON issues that I have found and corrected the removal of server settings in the list issues.

Regards.

Can that be that the manager bows here.

Because he constantly deletes the game. Ini in saved / 00 / config / windows server.
When I dorr in the game. Ini entry he deletes all entries with each reboot of the server ..

Only in the defaultgame. Ini at shootergames it works hmmmm ...
But can not enter the more skill points in the game ...
Please fix that he reads the inis from the saved folder.

Can that be that the manager bows here.

Because he constantly deletes the game. Ini in saved / 00 / config / windows server.
When I dorr in the game. Ini entry he deletes all entries with each reboot of the server ..

Only in the defaultgame. Ini at shootergames it works hmmmm ...
But can not enter the more skill points in the game ...
Please fix that he reads the inis from the saved folder.
Huh?

Regardless, the fact remains that the method of detecting an update by using steamcmd is definitely broken. It does not detect an update when it is released. I have confirmed this on multiple platforms and with other developers. You can see it for yourself. As of the time I write this reply, steamcmd returns the following:

JSON:
                "branches"
                {
                        "public"
                        {
                                "buildid"               "3497453"
                                "timeupdated"           "1548325826"
                        }
                }

And yet the current version is definitely 3503307, as returned by SteamBD. I'm not saying this will be the situation forever, but right now THAT is why the app is not updating. When I replace the function that uses steamcmd to get the available buildid with another function that uses steamdb, the rest of the process functions perfectly, without any changes you mention above.

So this is no fault of @OwnProx , but a bug with steamcmd, and it affects all the management apps as they all use the same method to detect updates. It seems to only apply to Atlas though, as the Ark apps that use the same method still work perfectly.

thanks for looking into it, in my ark version of the manager im using http://arkdedicated.com/version to get the version but yeah maybe using steamdb could be the best solution because i also noticed my manifest buildid was the same as the latest but i was running v11 server files i think whats happening is when we pull the latest steam info steamcmd is also updating the manifest file or something to the latest version weirdly cause my v11 was at buildid 3462678 which is the latest

also to anyone who posted questions ect in the last 3 days while i was inactive sorry about that, i will read over it soon i have over a weeks worth of stuff to catch up on i just briefly read it all

You've got to find a better translator! What you are using is failing you terribly! Can not understand what your trying to say to be able to help.

1. When it finds a update it just pops out a window with the number.. need to click ok to continue. is it possible the manager autoclick that "ok" button?

Edit:

2. when I start the server and join the freeport grid.. It goes offline within 30 seconds and autorestart. when I rejoin I need to respawn my character @ home locations. if no one is in the grid the server will keep online

3. and the map image isnt loading in the minimap (removed the 4 and 10th line in ServerGrid.json)

Points 2 and 3 wont happen without the server manager. (but I love to use it with the auto restart)

any Idea?

thnx!!!

Last edited:
@OwnProx

In the latest version it fails finding an update with
"The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel"

I added these lines to make it work for me.

ServicePointManager.Expect100Continue = true;
ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol = SecurityProtocolType.Tls12;

Regards :)

PS. This is in Server 2012 R2, I have not checked other VM's to see how they respond.

@OwnProx

In the latest version it fails finding an update with
"The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel"

I added these lines to make it work for me.

ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol = SecurityProtocolType.Tls12;

Regards :)

PS. This is in Server 2012 R2, I have not checked other VM's to see how they respond.
weird i have them added already i had to add these myself to make the https request to steamdb

ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol = SecurityProtocolType.Tls | SecurityProtocolType.Tls11 | SecurityProtocolType.Tls12 | SecurityProtocolType.Ssl3;

ill just default it to 12 as thats working for me on windows 2016 and windows 10 and i read somewhere it works on windows 2008 too

great program, only wish i would have if if the servers could update in parallel
, or an option for it.

l-vUfcAGREeKs5A_9U-qfA.png

can you please add a verification/check if the current buildid is higher than the released one to skip/ignore update.

Rogue Vikings Discord Server - Rogue Vikings Gaming Servers - Minecraft Prison Servers - Minecraft Creative Servers
Tempest Dedicated Servers
Tebex
Monetize your ARK server
Back