Atlas Server Manager (Source available)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I'm saying exactly what I said. Mods right now are...
1... Garbage! Quickly thrown together crap!
2... IMPOSSIBLE to keep updated WHEN they break because the dev kit WILL NOT be updating as fast as the game. (need a lesson in this... look at DnL!)

The FACT is that, since the dev kit was released, there have been 3 and possibly 4 game updates. any one of those could directly affect the functionality of any number of mods. Jumping in to use crap mods KNOWING there is a huge possibility of their failing is nothing but begging for failure!

Then to look at it from a "server manager" point of view... this tool, along with the other one, does nothing but monitor for proper response to extremely simple port/PID tests, and fires off a batch file if the response is inappropriate. It not only doesn't what game it's running, but it also doesn't give a rats ass what your serverconfig file looks like, or even if it exists!

It's FAR too early to be depending on mods to gain attention
Its even farther too early to expect anything even remotely close to the inclusiveness of the hand holding that Ark Server Manager coddles people with!

Play the 3-week old game for what it is so you can first comprehend what it actually involves! Every patch DRASTICALLY changes most aspects of it. We fart around with mods to change something you don't even know needs changed!!

I'm saying exactly what I said. Mods right now are...
1... Garbage! Quickly thrown together crap!
2... IMPOSSIBLE to keep updated WHEN they break because the dev kit WILL NOT be updating as fast as the game. (need a lesson in this... look at DnL!)

The FACT is that, since the dev kit was released, there have been 3 and possibly 4 game updates. any one of those could directly affect the functionality of any number of mods. Jumping in to use crap mods KNOWING there is a huge possibility of their failing is nothing but begging for failure!

Then to look at it from a "server manager" point of view... this tool, along with the other one, does nothing but monitor for proper response to extremely simple port/PID tests, and fires off a batch file if the response is inappropriate. It not only doesn't what game it's running, but it also doesn't give a rats ass what your serverconfig file looks like, or even if it exists!

It's FAR too early to be depending on mods to gain attention
Its even farther too early to expect anything even remotely close to the inclusiveness of the hand holding that Ark Server Manager coddles people with!

Play the 3-week old game for what it is so you can first comprehend what it actually involves! Every patch DRASTICALLY changes most aspects of it. We fart around with mods to change something you don't even know needs changed!!

Agree, mod support is just not something that should be considered at the moment. It's far too early and there are many other things that need ironing out in the server manager first so we have a good, stable platform for maintaining our servers before adding the nice to haves.

@OwnProx so far the version that I cooked myself which uses the appmanifest file has been working well. No problems. There has only been a single update though, so I'll let you know in another day or two how it's going.

Is there a way to keep it from trying to autostart servers on the launch of the server manager application? I have it set not to auto-boot but when the program is started it tries launching all my grids anyway. I have 30 grids I'm currently managing and it would be wonderful if I could launch the app, then bring them up a few at a time then set it to auto-boot the server if there's a grid crash.

Is there a way to keep it from trying to autostart servers on the launch of the server manager application? I have it set not to auto-boot but when the program is started it tries launching all my grids anyway. I have 30 grids I'm currently managing and it would be wonderful if I could launch the app, then bring them up a few at a time then set it to auto-boot the server if there's a grid crash.
You aren't running 30 grids on one instance or the server manager. So how many you have is irrelevant. And they all load faster if they are all started together. Yes, individually they do load faster, but sequentially it takes longer overall.

You can't have them running already when you start the tool. Simple solution... wait for an update to drop. Shut the entire map down to update, update, launch the server manager, and let it do its thing.

Unfortunately, with the current version, I personally have a constant restart issue. Its detecting a new update that doesnt exist. I wouldnt even try to use it until its updated again!

Forcing Update dont work
FC9UcZq.jpg

The last version is working amazing. Thank you very very much. Is there any chance that a restart button with countdowns can be added?

Since 4.1 There’s no Update detection whatsoever. Before I had at least the force update, but now my servers are stuck on 15.21...

Since 4.1 There’s no Update detection whatsoever. Before I had at least the force update, but now my servers are stuck on 15.21...

15.21 is current... so obviously thats as far as they go

I have a problem i try to edit the config in "C:\Server\Gameserver\Atlas\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsServer" but on start the Server create the Save, in my example "a1" in there is a new Config folder. At the time i realized that there is another GameUserSettings.ini i try to edit this config too.
But on restart the Server override these Config although i disable "Replace configs at server launch".

Someone can explain me where i have to edit the Settings to have them on every cluster server?

Another Question.. We want to have a cluster of 2x2. The Grid is already configured. If i add the Server to the Server Manager i have to use the same AltSaveDirectory? Or i have to use different ones?

@OwnProx Ok, I think I have a good idea what's happening to cause the update issues. For some reason, the steamcmd "+app_info_print" command is NOT always giving the correct, most up-to-date version number. This means two things:

1. The server manager is not updating to the latest version, because it thinks it already has the most up-to-date version.
2. When a "forced update" is done, steamcmd does download and install the most up-to-date version and correctly updates the appmanifest file, but then steamcmd "+app_info_print" still returns the wrong (previous) available version. The code in server manager that checks if an update is required does a "!=", so even though a newer installed version is detected in the appmanifest file, because it is not equal to the older version being reports by steamcmd, it tries to update again, and again etc. So I think that "!=" should be changed to ">", so that if the installed version is greater than whatever steamcmd reports is available, then at least it won't go around in an endless loop.

Heres one... sometimes the manager crashes... and the server stay online.. the thing is that when i restart the manager it thinks that the servers are offline and try to boot them instantly. Is there no way that the manager detects that the servers are online?

Because some people are running a dev build. 15.35 wasnt released yet when I said that

Rogue Vikings Discord Server - Rogue Vikings Gaming Servers - Minecraft Prison Servers - Minecraft Creative Servers
Tebex
Tempest Dedicated Servers
Monetize your ARK server
Back