Atlas Server Manager (Source available)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I have machines with everything from Server 2012 to 2016, and even a Windows 7 Pro in the mix. All act exactly the same. And own it all, so there is no running NOT as admin.

Hi,

Is there any way that the tool can see if the process is "Not Responding" or hanging in the process explorer. Sometimes it doesn't outright crash, but instead turns into Not Responding so players can no longer play on it, but it is not fully crashed either so the server manager sees it as online. I am not sure if there is a way to use its PID to see if it is not responding, or maybe the cmd window title.

@OwnProx
It watches the PID and the servers ports, including RCON. I have had a few crashes and its managed them all perfectly. All were crashes that would have otherwise stopped to a crash window

Hi

Just been testing this tool and it seems to be exactly what the captain ordered..

There are 2 key roles of those little zinger... to monitor and restart servers if needed, and to auto update. The first it does very well. The second, not at all right now.

Ok. Also I must run it as administrator or it wont open the server. So what I did was I decided to reinstall windows and try this again. Fresh install on everything. Redis config as normal, and ASM with no RCON IP added and still shows up as 0 players connected while I'm in it or anyone else. I also tried setting Redis config bind 127.0.0.1 and RCON IP 127.0.0.1 and the results are still the same. I can however still use the broadcast without a problem and I tried the Atlas API for server chat on rcon and it works across all servers. I have tried every possible way to solve this problem including adding port rules to 127.0.0.1 , 192.XXX.XX.XX, to public IP. I'm just shaking my head at this and don't know what in the world is going on. But it does show up on the atlasserverlist site fine. Anyone got any other solution?
REDIS has absolutely nothing to do with RCON! Comparing them is like comparing a car to an apple

Actually, almost everything you talked about is totally unrelated to the other stuff

RCON has no connection or care in the world about REDIS
RCON cant handle multiple connections. Your expecting cross server chant AND the player counter to work... they WILL NOT
Server visibility has nothing to do with REDIS or RCON

So what is it that is important that isnt working? ASM should not be your go-to for RCON functionality. Get a real RCON tool. But even that wont work PROPERLY if you are using cross-server chat.

REDIS has absolutely nothing to do with RCON! Comparing them is like comparing a car to an apple

It's not RCON I'm worried about. I was going by what someone wanted me to do to solve the problem. RCON already works with or without the server wide chat. I can broadcast and all that fine. It's only the players count that is coming up with zero. I've already stated this. I can have no Atlas API, plugins, on my servers and it's still the same, zero players.

Last edited:
I have a problem when i Added the GameUserSettings.ini XPMultiplier=3 an start the Server with the manager he overwritte the GameUaerSettings an delete them. how can change this? or is it a bug. i have unchecked the option "replace configs at server start" it is the same

set the ini files to read only
gameusersettings.ini
game.ini
engine.ini

DO NOT set the following to read only
Defaultgameusersettings.ini
Defaultgame.ini
Defaultengine.ini

It watches the PID and the servers ports, including RCON. I have had a few crashes and its managed them all perfectly. All were crashes that would have otherwise stopped to a crash window

I didn't say crashed, I said window not responding but it did not crash close.

I didn't say crashed, I said window not responding but it did not crash close.
Ultimately, you need to solve the problem that causing the need, not look for a bandaid to hide it! There is likely little to nothing that can monitor for that kind of issue.

unknown.png

I would like to use scripts to set the value of ServerPVE in GUS.ini, however at the moment the "PVP" option in Atlas Server Manager uses a command line argument which overrides that. Is there a way I can have ASM ignore the PVP option completely, allowing me to use the config file version instead?

I would like to use scripts to set the value of ServerPVE in GUS.ini, however at the moment the "PVP" option in Atlas Server Manager uses a command line argument which overrides that. Is there a way I can have ASM ignore the PVP option completely, allowing me to use the config file version instead?
Is it too hard to simple uncheck the PVP checkbox?

Ultimately, you need to solve the problem that causing the need, not look for a bandaid to hide it! There is likely little to nothing that can monitor for that kind of issue.

For someone that has SO MUCH to say, you seem to actually know SO VERY LITTLE. If the process is not responding as the OP says, then it clearly won't be capable of normal communication. It's very simple to monitor the game, query and even the new seamless ports for normal communication, and respond accordingly. I believe the software already does this for the game and query ports.

For someone that has SO MUCH to say, you seem to actually know SO VERY LITTLE. If the process is not responding as the OP says, then it clearly won't be capable of normal communication. It's very simple to monitor the game, query and even the new seamless ports for normal communication, and respond accordingly. I believe the software already does this for the game and query ports.
For someone with absolutely nothing to offer AT ALL, you might follow your own advice! The server crash is the issue, solve the server crash! Which literally takes seconds of reading. A little API that writes and executes the same batch file content the those NOT using any sort of manager use obviously doesn't lead to a sudden crash issue! Thats where the gods of development came to use with LOG FILES! I'm willing to bet about anything that someone didn't start redis as is obviously required!

But alas... this isnt a support forum for getting a broke server fixed! And the problem isnt related to the true topic.

Hey all -

@OwnProx Thanks for the tool , its work on a "server 2016" (32GB + SSD, Xenon ) without problems (small issues i think you will fix, but still servers are running).

@ViruS FANS : VIRUS-TOTAL CHECK - Yeah wow you will die without a defender ( NOT ) - TScope.Malware-Cryptor.SB CHECK (Yeah can be fixed @OwnProx.) - but server admins will know what to do to fix this small issue.

@the rest of swagger - you can use the bat file to start you server and set a timer in windows to check if the server is running or not. if you dont wanna use this tool.

Hey all -

@OwnProx Thanks for the tool , its work on a "server 2016" (32GB + SSD, Xenon ) without problems (small issues i think you will fix, but still servers are running).

@ViruS FANS : VIRUS-TOTAL CHECK - Yeah wow you will die without a defender ( NOT ) - TScope.Malware-Cryptor.SB CHECK (Yeah can be fixed @OwnProx.) - but server admins will know what to do to fix this small issue.

@the rest of swagger - you can use the bat file to start you server and set a timer in windows to check if the server is running or not. if you dont wanna use this tool.

haha no worries yeah its annoying virus total keeps flagging false positives with antivirus's that no one has ever heard of like that VBA30 lol, they just need to update there detection software its nothing to do with my program the part it most likely is detecting is the bundled steamcmd.exe i know virustotal does not like this much but oh well 1/70 is a good result, you know somethings fishy when its like 10+ detections and its not open source.

Rogue Vikings Discord Server - Rogue Vikings Gaming Servers - Minecraft Prison Servers - Minecraft Creative Servers
Tebex
Tempest Dedicated Servers
Monetize your ARK server
Back