Ark: Survival Ascended - Permissions (Crossplay Supported)

Ark: Survival Ascended - Permissions (Crossplay Supported) 1.02

No permission to download

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Permissions.AddTribe seems to work fine in ASA, although I can't seem to add Default (it says "Tribe was already added" despite it not showing up in the tribepermissions table in MySQL). My problem comes when trying to Permissions.Add by Steam ID. For example:

> Permissions.AddGroup PermTest (SERVER): Successfully added group > Permissions.Add 0002d4e850b94802b18a99e49dee5040 PermTest (SERVER): Unexpected DB error

The ArkApi log shows:

11/25/23 03:35 [Permission][error] (E:\_dev\ark_api\_ASA\API\ServerAPI-Plugins\Permissions\Permissions\Private\Hooks.cpp Permissions::Hooks::Hook_AShooterGameMode_HandleNewPlayer) Couldn't add player

I'm using the same schemas and tables from my ASE Permissions plug-in installation, in case that's a problem.

- Dave

Last edited:
Permissions.AddTribe seems to work fine in ASA, although I can't seem to add Default (it says "Tribe was already added" despite it not showing up in the tribepermissions table in MySQL). My problem comes when trying to Permissions.Add by Steam ID. For example:

> Permissions.AddGroup PermTest (SERVER): Successfully added group > Permissions.Add 0002d4e850b94802b18a99e49dee5040 PermTest (SERVER): Unexpected DB error

The ArkApi log shows:

11/25/23 03:35 [Permission][error] (E:\_dev\ark_api\_ASA\API\ServerAPI-Plugins\Permissions\Permissions\Private\Hooks.cpp Permissions::Hooks::Hook_AShooterGameMode_HandleNewPlayer) Couldn't add player

I'm using the same schemas and tables from my ASE Permissions plug-in installation, in case that's a problem.

- Dave
Reported issue via GitHub. Not sure if that's preferable, or if there's a better way to report issues:

GameServersHub updated Ark: Survival Ascended - Permissions (Crossplay Supported) with a new update entry:

1.01 - Read Config Changes IMPORTANT

Consoles should no longer crash when using commands.
Fixed SQLite db error

Config changes below to make it more straightforward which database is being used.
See the notes.txt file for more details
JSON:
{
  "UseMysql": false,
  "MysqlHost": "localhost",
  "MysqlUser": "root",
  "MysqlPass": "pass",
  "MysqlDB": "arkdb",
  "MysqlPort": 3306,
  "DbPathOverride": "",
  "ClusterSyncTime": 60
}

Read the rest of this update entry...

The ArkApi log shows:

- Dave
RESOLVED!

TL;DR: You cannot reuse your ASE Permissions database/schema. Update config.json to point to a new schema, create a new (empty) schema, and restart the AsaApiLoader and everything's golden.

After the update to AsaApi and Permissions V1.01, I seem to have a disconnect between my MySQL database and the permissions seen by the Permissions plug-in:

Code:
mysql> select * from tribepermissions;
+----+------------+------------------+-----------------------+
| Id | TribeId    | PermissionGroups | TimedPermissionGroups |
|  1 | 1051013637 | TribeTest,       |                       |
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

mysql> select * from players;
+----+----------------------------------+--------------------------+-----------------------+
| Id | EOS_Id                           | PermissionGroups         | TimedPermissionGroups |
+----+----------------------------------+--------------------------+-----------------------+
|  1 | 0002d4e850b94802b18a99e49dee5040 | Default,PermTest,Admins, |                       |
|  2 | 000213aca62d48cabe409f7de9d24a5c | Default,                 |                       |
2 rows in set (0.01 sec)

Code:
C:\Users\Viper>rcon island "Permissions.PlayerGroups 0002d4e850b94802b18a99e49dee5040"
C:\Users\Viper>rcon island "Permissions.TribeGroups 1051013637"

Initially, the config.json was overwritten, but once I restored the file to include:
Code:
{
  "Database":"mysql",
  "MysqlHost":"localhost",
  "MysqlUser":"ark",
  "MysqlPass":"xxxxxxxx",
  "MysqlDB":"ark_permissions_asa",
  "MysqlPort":3306,
  "DbPathOverride":"",
}

I still don't see my previous permissions.

After the update to AsaApi and Permissions V1.01, I seem to have a disconnect between my MySQL database and the permissions seen by the Permissions plug-in:

Code:
mysql> select * from tribepermissions;
| Id | TribeId    | PermissionGroups | TimedPermissionGroups |
|  1 | 1051013637 | TribeTest,       |                       |
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

mysql> select * from players;
| Id | EOS_Id                           | PermissionGroups         | TimedPermissionGroups |
|  1 | 0002d4e850b94802b18a99e49dee5040 | Default,PermTest,Admins, |                       |
|  2 | 000213aca62d48cabe409f7de9d24a5c | Default,                 |                       |
2 rows in set (0.01 sec)

Code:
C:\Users\Viper>rcon island "Permissions.PlayerGroups 0002d4e850b94802b18a99e49dee5040"
C:\Users\Viper>rcon island "Permissions.TribeGroups 1051013637"

Initially, the config.json was overwritten, but once I restored the file to include:
Code:
{
  "Database":"mysql",
  "MysqlHost":"localhost",
  "MysqlUser":"ark",
  "MysqlPass":"xxxxxxxx",
  "MysqlDB":"ark_permissions_asa",
  "MysqlPort":3306,
  "DbPathOverride":"",
}

I still don't see my previous permissions.

Sigh ... never mind. Once again, my own fault.

Apparently the format of config.json has changed ever so slightly:

Code:
{
  "UseMysql": true,
  "MysqlUser": "ark",
  "MysqlPass": "xxxxxxxx",
  "MysqlDB": "ark_permissions_asa",
}

Sigh ... never mind. Once again, my own fault.

Apparently the format of config.json has changed ever so slightly:

Code:
{
  "UseMysql": true,
  "MysqlUser": "ark",
  "MysqlPass": "xxxxxxxx",
  "MysqlDB": "ark_permissions_asa",
}
Yep, it was noted in the change log. This plugin typically does not get updated configs but this change was needed.

please update the commands to display EOS_ID, instead of steam_ID

Permissions.Add <EOS_ID><Group>

Permissions.Grant <Group><Permission> - Grants a specific permission to the group. Wildcard character (*) would give all permissions to this group.

First time using the Permissions, I don't see anywhere in the documentation that references what <Permission> you can grant with this command. Where can I find that?

Permissions to grant are to be defined by plugins. Each plugin will tell you if it uses any permission (most of them use groups, like as discord roles). The plugin itself does not add any permission.
Ahh I see. Thank you for the explanation.

When i type the addgroup command in the console, i get no return and it doesnt create the group. it is like this with all the commands. I have the mariadb setup and working and its not reflecting the changes either.

After updating the database to mysql8, there is no connection to the database, causing the API to not work. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Tempest Dedicated Servers
Tebex
Back