Ark Permissions

Ark Permissions 2.0

No permission to download

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
@maplebaconpancake First, I am running mine with MySQL as I will be having the permissions and other plugins syncing settings across my Arks. Other than that, Ark Permissions is just running fine and straight out of the box. I logged in and saw my SteamID in the Users table and the Default group. I could see this in the DB with queries, and I confirmed this by using RCON commands.

Edit: @maplebaconpancake I went back and saw your other comment. I would guess it is a permissions issue. I gave my Ark Permissions user full dba access (I used MySQL workbench) so no permissions issue. Other than that, first time launching I got an error about connection. To fix that, I had to create the user with "Standard" authentication type, then the plugin loaded fine. On the first load, it auto-created the tables.

Last edited:
@maplebaconpancake @Mdefect

Perhaps you guys are having the same issue. I ask why you would be using the same DB for your ark shop, and ark permissions? And @Mdefect your tables are different from mine. Fresh install, fresh DB, and my tables (auto-created) are called "permissiongroups" and "players". I'd suggest just pointing Ark Permissions at its own table.

@maplebaconpancake @Mdefect

Perhaps you guys are having the same issue. I ask why you would be using the same DB for your ark shop, and ark permissions? And @Mdefect your tables are different from mine. Fresh install, fresh DB, and my tables (auto-created) are called "permissiongroups" and "players". I'd suggest just pointing Ark Permissions at its own table.
i'm not using the same DB i'm using the same progra, which is HeidiSQL, arkdb has my permissions, and arkshop has my arkshop stuff

ok so im trying to make it so in my ark shop players can buy the next rank up and gain access to other servers in my cluster how wold i go about this ?

Since Genesis my cluster's database path is crashing us. I remove the "Override Path" and its fine. But, no more cross server perms. Anyone else having this issue?

Since Genesis my cluster's database path is crashing us. I remove the "Override Path" and its fine. But, no more cross server perms. Anyone else having this issue?
You need to use mysql for permissions. If you have to many servers writing to the same sql lite files it gets corrupted easily.

Is there a way to add a prefix to a groups name ?

Like:

(Owner) Mitmit2 : Hey all hows it going?

Hey guys. I'm trying to make permission work among cluster, but i don't know how to set it up. Any advice?

How do I use permissions to allow certain player special shop items? i changed the config to use the MYsql DB that the shop uses but it seems to still being local. i want the permissions to be on every server in my cluster

Tebex
Rogue Vikings Discord Server - Rogue Vikings Gaming Servers - Minecraft Prison Servers - Minecraft Creative Servers
Tempest Dedicated Servers
Monetize your ARK server
Back