ARK Cross Server Chat

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Ok, im confused as to what my database path should actually be as im running off a host. Ive tried lots of different ways,and a loss for now, how do i figure out the right database path?

Ok, im confused as to what my database path should actually be as im running off a host. Ive tried lots of different ways,and a loss for now, how do i figure out the right database path?

Just look at the example config.

JSON:
{
    "ServerKey": "server1",
    "ClusterKey": "cluster1",
    "ServerTag": "MAPNAME",
    "NamePattern": "{Name} [{ServerTag}]",
    "HideServerTagOnLocal": true,
    "DatabasePath": "C:\\ARK Servers\\ArkCrossServerChat.db"
}

Just look at the example config.

JSON:
{
    "ServerKey": "server1",
    "ServerTag": "MAPNAME",
    "DatabasePath": "C:\\ARK Servers\\ArkCrossServerChat.db"
}

Ive managed to go from :06/23/18 17:52 [ArkCrossServerChat][error] (ArkCrossServerChat.cpp Load) Failed to setup database unable to open database file 06/23/18 17:52 [API][warning] Failed to load plugin - ArkCrossServerChat Error code: 1114

Now im getting :06/24/18 01:55 [API][warning] Failed to load plugin - ArkCrossServerChat Error code: 1114

Using this as the db path: "DatabasePath": "\\ShooterGame\\Binaries\\Win64\ArkApi\\Plugins\\ArkCrossServerChat.db"

Your path is not a valid path. How is it supposed to know where that is? Echoing Foppa.... look at the example!

hi,please help me:

is it Correct?

{
"ServerKey": "Server1",
"ServerTag": "Island",
"DatabasePath": "D:\\ArkCrossServerChat.db"
}

hi,please help me:

is it Correct?

{
"ServerKey": "Server1",
"ServerTag": "Island",
"DatabasePath": "D:\\ArkCrossServerChat.db"
}
If you want the Database to be stored directly under D: yeah sure.
And if your ServerKey is Server1 yeah sure but if you are using ArkBot from Tobias then you should have the same ServerKey.
And if your ClusterKey is cluster1 yeah sure
:)

We can't know specific details of a config file. You need to know how your config file should look like, with database paths, serverkey or clusterkeys. This is just values that could be anything for your likings. The only thing we can know if you have manage to do some syntax errors.

So keep this in mind. ServerKey, ClusterKey, ServerTag & DatabasePath it's all up to you how you want it and how your infrastructures look like. :)

CAN BE THIS USE ON 2 DIFFRENT COMPUTERS WITH 3 SERVERS . LIKE I READ not. BUT CAN BE DONE WITH SOME PROGRAM LIKE IS GOODSYNC...? CAN BE FILE.DB SYNCHRONIZE WITH 2 X DIFRENT COMPUTERS? TNX

Last edited:
So, any way to use it with unicode? Servers show ???? for any non english symbols.

CAN BE THIS USE ON 2 DIFFRENT COMPUTERS WITH 3 SERVERS . LIKE I READ not. BUT CAN BE DONE WITH SOME PROGRAM LIKE IS GOODSYNC...? CAN BE FILE.DB SYNCHRONIZE WITH 2 X DIFRENT COMPUTERS? TNX
No, currently it has to be on the same machine for it to work, there is no support for CrossChat between other hosts.

So, any way to use it with unicode? Servers show ???? for any non english symbols.
No, sorry currently there is no Unicode support.

First things first. Fantastic plug-in.

I've read through the 8 pages of posts and replies. There are a number of posts alluding to the RCON output of global/logging being lost in implementing this plug-in. I understand that there are alternative RCON programs out there. For simplicity's sake (and facility of management), I would prefer to stick with ASM's built-in RCON tool.

Is there a way to reinitialize Global chat output to the RCON window/log without uninstalling the plug-in?

Or perhaps, as I have read some people say, is there a way to livestream the Global Chat db file that the plug-in uses to monitor conversations as an admin?

I've read through the 8 pages of posts and replies. There are a number of posts alluding to the RCON output of global/logging being lost in implementing this plug-in. I understand that there are alternative RCON programs out there. For simplicity's sake (and facility of management), I would prefer to stick with ASM's built-in RCON tool.

Is there a way to reinitialize Global chat output to the RCON window/log without uninstalling the plug-in?

Or perhaps, as I have read some people say, is there a way to livestream the Global Chat db file that the plug-in uses to monitor conversations as an admin?

RCON client won't really matter, if you look at the game log file it doesnt log anything bar local chat.

Not sure on the chat db file but was saved as advanced chat kinda works with it (had to use a previous version) as it has print to discord.

RCON client won't really matter, if you look at the game log file it doesnt log anything bar local chat.

Not sure on the chat db file but was saved as advanced chat kinda works with it (had to use a previous version) as it has print to discord.
You can use the Cross chat DB To look through the chat. You can even use it to post it on a webpage if you want.
But i use AdvancedChat to send all the chat to a Discord channel combined with the Crosschat plugin it's awesome :)

You can use the Cross chat DB To look through the chat. You can even use it to post it on a webpage if you want.
But i use AdvancedChat to send all the chat to a Discord channel combined with the Crosschat plugin it's awesome :)

sorry to ask here.

Thanks for the db file too, wasnt sure myself. I will have to ask my host for access. But anyway.

Are you having any issues with it? Latest patch made it so nothing was sent, went to version before that but I get 5-6 messages all the same. Just wasnt sure to be asking in advanced chat discord or here, as both are not built? to use another chat plugin.

sorry to ask here.

Thanks for the db file too, wasnt sure myself. I will have to ask my host for access. But anyway.

Are you having any issues with it? Latest patch made it so nothing was sent, went to version before that but I get 5-6 messages all the same. Just wasnt sure to be asking in advanced chat discord or here, as both are not built? to use another chat plugin.
No i am using the AdvancedChat from Ownprox and it works flawlessly for me! :)

Thank you for the replies. Showing my hand as a neophyte in this arena, is that where the conversation steered towards the SQL posts? Reading the chat db? What would I need to read it?

No i am using the AdvancedChat from Ownprox and it works flawlessly for me! :)

Just to double check you have your db path the same for all servers? I have mine the same as thought we had to do that. Else its probably OS as had the issue with discord webhook not working while it was for you if I remember discord right.

Suppose just like both plugins, I dont mind the multiple posts to chat but it would be better if there wasnt.

Monetize your ARK server
Rogue Vikings Discord Server - Rogue Vikings Gaming Servers - Minecraft Prison Servers - Minecraft Creative Servers
Tempest Dedicated Servers
Tebex
Back