New Player Protection

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Hey @WETBATMAN
does this defend in any way against players placing turrets and such while under protection to grief other tribes?

also, I know this plugin is from a different dev but what are the main reasons to use this one over: (https://arkserverapi.com/resources/auto-protection.48/)

one more thing does this fix the forcefields on extinction and structures such as beehives from being protected?

Players under protection have no building limits, so yes they can build turrets wherever.

Limiting players to be unable to place turrets would hinder the point of the mod, to help new players establish themselves before getting wiped off a server.

Reasons to use this plugin vs the older plugin:
- this plugin is built, published, and actively maintained by it's creator ( Me :) )
- No bug reports since the most recent update.
- only protects tribe structures, no misc structure issues.
- large testing/recommendation player base with nearly 2k players having been exposed to the plugin.

And to answer your last question, it does not effect beehives, extinction drops, dams, or any other non tribe structures.

However, if you want to stop players under protection from building their own turrets, you can lower the max level of protected players to below the level that the turret engrams are learned.

the thing is my server is x100 so players reach a high level super quick, it would be awesome if you could somehow turn off the damage from structures placed by protected players, then this plugin would be well worth the money!

the thing is my server is x100 so players reach a high level super quick, it would be awesome if you could somehow turn off the damage from structures placed by protected players, then this plugin would be well worth the money!

Don't think you need much new player protection for 100x they can be back on their feet in 5 mins tops.

so after it expires it has to be re-bought ?
If for some reason you need to download it again, you can reach out to me and I can provide a copy or make it so you can download it again.

Great work! I bought it and it works great. When will the next updates be released?
Thanks! I am working on an update this weekend to push out next week to make messages less spammy and cleaner, adding player commands to see time remaining and to remove tribe protection, and adding admin commands for adding or removing protection.

If for some reason you need to download it again, you can reach out to me and I can provide a copy or make it so you can download it again.

Thanks! I am working on an update this weekend to push out next week to make messages less spammy and cleaner, adding player commands to see time remaining and to remove tribe protection, and adding admin commands for adding or removing protection.

Incredible! the money was worth spending it on

Upcoming Change Notes pending a TON of testing over the next few days to ensure new changes are bug free:

Change Notes:
  • Removed New Player Protection from admins in the Permission Admins Group (Admins still do not remove protection from protected tribes on joining them).
  • Added a customizable Player message for a New Player attacking a structure. ("NewPlayerDoingDamageMessage")
  • Added a customizable Player message for a player attacking a New Player structure. ("NewPlayerStructureTakingDamageMessage")
  • Added customizable Player and Admin messages for new commands.
  • Added config options to configure NPP text display colors, size, and display length. ("MessageTextSize","MessageDisplayDelay","MessageColor")
  • Updated the config option "NewPlayersCanDamageOtherTribesStructures" to be more clear. ("AllowNewPlayersToDamageEnemyStructures")
  • Players can now damage their own structures if under New Player Protection (Should fix the S+ Demo gun)
  • Implemented configurable message delay to reduce spam for NPP attack warning messages. ("MessageIntervalInSecs")
  • Added player chat command to check Server NPP Info. ("!npp info" : Server "NewPlayerMaxLevel" and "DaysOfProtection" Config)
  • Added player chat command to disable tribe protection ("!npp disable" only tribe leaders can do)
  • Added player chat command to check remaining protection time/levels ("!npp status" Data based oldest AND highest level tribe member)
  • Added admin console command to remove a tribe's protection ("NPP.RemoveProtection <Tribe_ID>")
  • Added admin console command to reset a tribe's protection ("NPP.ResetProtectionDays <Tribe_ID>" resets start day to NOW and restores protection even if previously expired. Does not work on tribes with a player over "NewPlayerMaxLevel")
  • Added admin RCON command to remove a tribe's protection ("NPP.RemoveProtection <Tribe_ID>")
  • Added admin RCON command to reset a tribe's protection ("NPP.ResetProtectionDays <Tribe_ID>" resets start day to NOW and restores protection even if previously expired. Does not work on tribes with a player over "NewPlayerMaxLevel")

I don't mind paying again once it expires was just asking since it wasn't mentioned anywhere :D

also currently is there a way for a player to revoke their protection before it ends?

edit: nvm just read the unreleased patch notes

Nah, I won't make anyone pay twice (unless they lose access to the email they purchased with)!

There's no release date yet for the next version, but I'm gonna try really hard to push it sometime this week, I have lots of testing to do, so it depends on both my availability and that of testers.

barnwellrd updated New Player Protection with a new update entry:

[UPDATE!] New Player Protection V1.3

Current Change Notes for V1.3:

- Removed New Player Protection from admins in the Permission Admins Group (Admins still do not remove protection from protected tribes on joining them).
- Added a customizable Player message for a New Player attacking a structure. ("NewPlayerDoingDamageMessage")
- Added a customizable Player message for a player attacking a New Player structure. ("NewPlayerStructureTakingDamageMessage")
- Added customizable Player and Admin messages for new commands.
- Added...

Read the rest of this update entry...

New update has been released! If you're an owner, be sure to check your email and join the discord for a direct link!

Does it have any fail safes for protected players placing turrets to grief or c4.
Can enemy turrets kill a protected player or can they soak?

hello,

do this plugin support multi host clusters and do you plan to support mysql db?

Does it have any fail safes for protected players placing turrets to grief or c4.
Can enemy turrets kill a protected player or can they soak?

Players under protection can't damage other tribes structures, but thier turrets may still do damage (never tested turrets).

And anything can kill a protected player. Only structures are protected.

hello,

do this plugin support multi host clusters and do you plan to support mysql db?

No plans for mysql. Recommended settings are to run one db for each server. Trying to make servers share one db will break the plugins data integrity.

Rogue Vikings Discord Server - Rogue Vikings Gaming Servers - Minecraft Prison Servers - Minecraft Creative Servers
Tebex
Monetize your ARK server
Tempest Dedicated Servers
Back