New Player Protection

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

barnwellrd

barnwellrd submitted a new resource:

New Player Protection - Provides timed and level limit for new player structure protection

Features:
  • Protects new player structures from damage
  • Protects new player structures for X amount of days
  • Protects new player structures up to X level
  • SQLite Database
  • Customizable config

Configuration:

JSON:
{
  "General": {
    "DbPathOverride": "",                //set this to wherever your shared dbs are, defaults to the plugins folder
    "PlayerUpdateIntervalInMins": 10,    //This is how often the player...

Read more about this resource...

Can anyone confirm this actually works before i buy it :)

We are starting a new season on Tuesday. We would like to use this plugin, but don't want to enable it the first week of the season. But after a week has passed, then we'd like to protect new player's structures that are below say, level 50. Does that seem like something we can do?

I haven't tested adding it after a server has already gotten a population established. However, it should still mostly work as intended. Say for example you add it a week into your server, your new player max level is 50, and a level 90 logs in: everyone is protected initially on their first login, however, once the playerupdaterinterval runs the timer update, they lose that protection. So you should be fine. The only case it won't be able to catch is if a tribe has a player that is out of the protection range that hasn't logged in yet since all the calculations are based off of current online players and the data that's added as players log in. So a tribe with a level 90 and level 40 would be protected if only the level 40 has logged in since the plugin was added. But as always, if you notice it not behaving correctly, let me know and I can fix it.

Last edited:
Also keep in mind that it only protects structures that are placed by a new player when the plugin is loaded. That means legit new players under 50 will only have their new structures protected.

I'm going to be making some updates today so I will look into making it more friendly for adding on an established server.

Last edited:
Thanks! I'm in the process of reworking it to be mid season friendly. Should have an update by the end of the week if work isn't too busy.

I purchased it last night and installed it across our cluster. If we go live tomorrow with this installed, but set DaysOfProtection at 0 for some awesome pvp the first few days of a season, and then change it a week in, to 2 DaysOfProtection for players under 100 (people hit 100 on the first day), will it then kick in for all sub-level 100s for two days? Or does it look at DaysOfProtection against the date they joined the server and go from there, so old players that joined the first few days won't get it, but people a week in will have structure protection?

I purchased it last night and installed it across our cluster. If we go live tomorrow with this installed, but set DaysOfProtection at 0 for some awesome pvp the first few days of a season, and then change it a week in, to 2 DaysOfProtection for players under 100 (people hit 100 on the first day), will it then kick in for all sub-level 100s for two days? Or does it look at DaysOfProtection against the date they joined the server and go from there, so old players that joined the first few days won't get it, but people a week in will have structure protection?

Protection would be turned off for everyone that logs in while it is set to 0 days. If you increased it, they wouldn't get it unless you wiped the database. However, wiping the database can cause some mild issues such as I mentioned above:

a tribe with a level 90 and level 40 would be protected if only the level 40 has logged in since the plugin was added

If you want to waive the protection your first week, I'd recommend holding off on adding it to your cluster for now. I am working on an update that should make integration to an existing server population a little better (still probably won't be able to catch a tribe member that isn't protected that hasn't logged on since the database was created).

If you still want to run it for now, I'd recommend setting DaysOfProtection to 0, then when you're ready to turn it on, wipe the database on a reboot with the updated config. However, it will only protect NEW structures placed by new players and their new start date would be their first login after the db reset.

This plugin was initially designed to be launched with a fresh server with a config that wouldn't change after the initial launch.
Once the update is ready, you'll get an email from me with the updated files since you've already purchased it.

Feel free to add me on Discord as well in case you need help or need to report a bug: Rogue Leader#5458

We only want to give protection to people who join in the future. This first week we want chaos and pvp. After a week or so, then we'd love to activate it for new people only. We do not want people who established themselves the first week to get protection. Just new people/tribes so it isn't so hard on them joining an already established server.

Is this possible?

Added you on Discord!

All players who join the server for the first time after you change the days of protection from 0 will get protection like normal, however, anyone who has ever logged in before you change the days of protection from 0 will not be considered a new player in the database and will have no protection, even if they had just logged in an hour before you updated the config.

barnwellrd updated New Player Protection with a new update entry:

[UPDATE!] New Player Protection V1.1

Change notes:
  • Added permissions dependency: any players in the "Admins" group will not disable a tribes protection if they join a protected tribe.
  • Changed the way structures are immune to damage: no longer sets structure variables to invincible, instead it intercepts player damage and negates it if it's against a protected tribe.
  • Added config option to disable New Player damage to other structures while under protection.
  • Added messages for both protected and unprotected...

Read the rest of this update entry...

All players who join the server for the first time after you change the days of protection from 0 will get protection like normal, however, anyone who has ever logged in before you change the days of protection from 0 will not be considered a new player in the database and will have no protection, even if they had just logged in an hour before you updated the config.

Is there a possibility in adding in an RCON and console command to give or remove protection for cases like that?

Is there a possibility in adding in an RCON and console command to give or remove protection for cases like that?

That's going to be in the next update: admin commands for adding and removing tribe protection.

I'll work on it some this week. I pushed a big update out today since they are taking their time releasing Extinction and had already taken the day off to play.

barnwellrd updated New Player Protection with a new update entry:

[UPDATE!] New Player Protection V1.2

Change notes:
- Fixed admin command to correctly fix structures from all previous builds

Known Issues:
- If the Admin command from v1.1 was ran, a lot of usually unbreakable structures may have been destroyed. Of these, the Obelisks were the most vulnerable to the player experience.

If you're obelisks are destroyed, can can try to spawn them with commands that I will be sending out via discord, or you can wipe your server.

To Upgrade:
- make sure you are also using the Permissions v1.3...

Read the rest of this update entry...

does this defend in any way against players placing turrets and such while under protection to grief other tribes?

also, I know this plugin is from a different dev but what are the main reasons to use this one over: (https://arkserverapi.com/resources/auto-protection.48/)

one more thing does this fix the forcefields on extinction and structures such as beehives from being protected?

Rogue Vikings Discord Server - Rogue Vikings Gaming Servers - Minecraft Prison Servers - Minecraft Creative Servers
Tempest Dedicated Servers
Tebex
Monetize your ARK server
Back