How many cores does an Ark Server actually use?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lucid

So I've been told by multiple sources that Ark only uses two cores... but in practice, I'm watching one of my maps use a lot more than that. From my experience most of the server load lands on a single core, but when that server is stretched with lots of players, I'm seeing a good amount of activity on the other cores it's assigned to.

My setup: 2x 6-core processors (that's two processors in one machine, 12 cores total)

Here's the graph showing what I'm describing. I've set the affinity of my Ragnarok server to run on cores 6-11 (half are virtual, 3 physical cores total). We can see the brunt of the server load on core 6, but 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11 are all showing activity as well (note that this is only the case when there are a lot of players online.)
View attachment 4110

So how many cores does Ark actually use? I'm in the process of ordering a new CPU, so I just want to have good information on this before selecting one. Any information on this would be amazing!

Ark actually goes better with High speed than Muti-Core, i got a 4x 10Cores/20 Threads (40 cores/80 Threads in total) and the speed of them was 2.7GHz, it runs like shit, i build a new "server machine" Ryzen 7 2700X (3.9GHz), it runs all perfect, 14 ping on the entire cluster (10 maps)

what you mean
Ark actually goes better with High speed than Muti-Core, i got a 4x 10Cores/20 Threads (40 cores/80 Threads in total) and the speed of them was 2.7GHz, it runs like shit, i build a new "server machine" Ryzen 7 2700X (3.9GHz), it runs all perfect, 14 ping on the entire cluster (10 maps)
what you mean when you say it runs like shit, how much players conected ?

Tebex
Tempest Dedicated Servers
Back