Help to sync shop within cluster

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Here is a full guide, courtesy of WETBATMAN (They helped walk me through the full process of installing MySQL).

Go to this website and download the larger of the two MySQL msi installer options.
https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/windows/installer/8.0.html
Windows (x86, 32-bit), MSI Installer
(I had issues with the online version, the smaller one, so I recommend the offline version, the larger one)

Run the msi installer.
Choose the "Custom" option.
Under what to install choose these three options:
-MySQL Server 8.0.16 - x64
-MySQL Workbench 8.0.16 - x64
-Connector/C++ 8.0.16 - x64

Once these finish installing it will have you configure your options.
First option chooses how much RAM MySQL will use. I went with medium usage, though I feel you may get away with low easily enough.
Then set up your connection port. Remember this number as you will need it to connect to the MySQL database.
Next is the Authentification Type, choose legacy.
Then choose the main password for connecting to your MySQL. Make sure to save this too.
For Windows service just leave it as default.
Now it should apply all of your settings and finish up.

Once it does this you should have the MySQL Workbench pop up for you.
Click the "Local Instance" and open it up.
Add and name a Schema to it, remember this name (has to be lower case).

That should be it. Add all the relevant info to your Shop API config file at the top and run the server, making sure your MySQL database is online. The database will store player points and player kit amounts. If you need to separate points/kit amount for any reason, say between PvE and PvP servers, then just create and name a different Schema and link the relevant Shop API config to that one instead by using that Schema's name.

Example Shop API config:

"Mysql":{
"UseMysql":true,
"MysqlHost":"localhost",
"MysqlUser":"root",
"MysqlPass":"<my root password>",
"MysqlDB":"<schema name>"
},

Again, all thanks to WETBATMAN for helping me through this. Just wanted to outline the steps I took in case anyone else needs them. Feel free to ask for clarification and I will adjust the guide to include it.

Last edited:
I can't seem to get the MySQL connection to work. I have followed all of the steps and have tested the connection in the workbench and it is working.

But when adding the details to my ArkShop json, the shop fails to load because "can't connect to mysql database"

You will have to create a secondary account with full access to the database for it to work.

You will have to create a secondary account with full access to the database for it to work.
that's not necessary since you can just use the ROOT account to connect to mysql

that's not necessary since you can just use the ROOT account to connect to mysql

I had issues with that, even after opening the root account to allow for other IPs other than localhost to connect to it. The easy fix was making a secondary login account and using that in the jsons.

Hello :) i'm absolutly new to mysql but trying to cluster my arkshop. I've done everything like the describtion above said. When i start the Servers it's connecting to the database and everythings running. But the points doesn't cluster and everytime you're traveling it resets back to 0 points.
Can someone Help me fix this problem?

Hello :) i'm absolutly new to mysql but trying to cluster my arkshop. I've done everything like the describtion above said. When i start the Servers it's connecting to the database and everythings running. But the points doesn't cluster and everytime you're traveling it resets back to 0 points.
Can someone Help me fix this problem?

Make sure that your actual shop files in each of your server's API folder points towards the account/IP/MySQL database. It sounds like they aren't, which is why the points change when you transfer servers.

you need to use MySQL

https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/ (Grab it From here)
and select c++ connector MySQL server 64bit and workbench x86

install it with legacy authentication then create a schema in the workbench corresponding to the name of the schema you have in your plugin config

afterward, connect your plugin to the MySQL server and it will auto create the tables :)

Do i need to use MySql for both Ark Shop and Permissions? How do i make sure VIP players correspond across all maps on cluster?
Also, do i keep it to localhost or do i use MySQL Shell 8.0 ? Thank you for any help!

Tempest Dedicated Servers
Rogue Vikings Discord Server - Rogue Vikings Gaming Servers - Minecraft Prison Servers - Minecraft Creative Servers
Tebex
Monetize your ARK server
Back