Cross Server Chat

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Do you guys notice the servers crash more often when plugin is enabled?

Yes it is 100% the plugin, without it my servers remain up for days on end. With it they will crash out as soon as more then 30+ people jump on, sometimes before. I'm certain it must be unicode/api related as other RCON based chat plugins work fine even with huge player numbers.

@OwnProx - Here is the crash dumps from my re-testing of cross chat on the 19/01/19. Still hopeful there is a way to resolve the issue.

@OwnProx - Here is the crash dumps from my re-testing of cross chat on the 19/01/19. Still hopeful there is a way to resolve the issue.
I was going crazy thinking my dedi was out of memory i ended up increasing the page file to 50 gbs :D

How were you able to get those crashcallstack messages? :)

Yes it is 100% the plugin, without it my servers remain up for days on end. With it they will crash out as soon as more then 30+ people jump on, sometimes before. I'm certain it must be unicode/api related as other RCON based chat plugins work fine even with huge player numbers.
"Async":false
improved the situation, maybe

I was going crazy thinking my dedi was out of memory i ended up increasing the page file to 50 gbs :D

Somewhere in shootergame folder i believe, will dig it out later when home!

"Async":false
improved the situation, maybe

Not tried that, but good shout. Have you tried it? Anyone else disabled Async and has it helped stability under high player count?

Somewhere in shootergame folder i believe, will dig it out later when home!

Not tried that, but good shout. Have you tried it? Anyone else disabled Async and has it helped stability under high player count?

I'm already testing 3 days, at first glance it became more stable.
but I had another problem, not like you

The crash log location^

\ShooterGame\Saved\Logs

I'm already testing 3 days, at first glance it became more stable.
but I had another problem, not like you

What other issues did you have with Async off?

So just from a testing perspective.
I used CrossServerchat on empty servers, servers populated between 5-20 people and servers with 20+ people.
On all servers, I got Grid crashes daily, like 6-7 of them.
Once I took this api plugin out, 0 crashes on all servers

Hi all,

I am new here and i like to inform you with a simpel setup that worked for myself and maybe it can help someone else also.

1: Follow these steps 5 steps in this Youtube clip how to install: Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable Package + AtlasApi + RconCrossServerChat.

Clip: It's the Ark setup but the same for Atlas ;)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable Package: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

2: "CrossChatKey":"yourpassword", Set yourpassword like the one you use after ?ServerAdminPassword=yourpassword ( the one in your atlas start rule )

3: Set ?RCONEnabled=True?RCONPort=27000 ( port example ) in each .bat start file of your grids.

4: Set RCONEnable=True and RCONPort=27000 ( port example ) in each GameUserSettings per each grid you have under [ServerSettings]

5: Start your server(s) and the Api will load and RconCrossServerChat will work.

If not ( like i had ) : stop your server and again reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2017. And then it will run ok :)

I have Redis running and did not changed anything in Redis since the beginning i made the server. i setup these Ip's + ports.

{
"CrossChatKey":"yourpassword",
"CrossChatMapNameInclude":true,
"RconServers":[
"127.0.0.1:yourport",
"127.0.0.1:yourport"
],
"CrossChatMapNameOverride":"",
"Async":true
}

I have a 4x4 grid on 1 server machine and it works with RconCrossServerChat, but my problem is, i have 50/100+ players on my server, so the flooding of the Rcon commands is to much, causing grids to fail and crash. Simple because of the players chatting to much for the servers to handle.

The error message is like following:

Ran out of memory allocating 4572123136 bytes with alignment 0

My server is running 128 gb ddr3 and is in use for 40% for the 4x4 grid to run, so the memory of my server is not the problem.
Rcon flooding is biggest problem and will flood all your Server RAM and eventually causing grids to fail.

+++Off topic+++

One thing i do not understand is that i have ArkApi 3.0 + Ark RconCrossServerChat 1.7 running on my 16 ark servers with no problem at all.
Combined on all 16 servers there are 450+ players using it without the flooding problem.
Maybe because i have running only 3 ark maps per 1 server machine ( total of 5 machines ) i don't know.

Greetz Inuiet

Last edited:
ello it works on ark or u must correct it :D "display a users chat message across multiple ark servers "

Hi All,

I'm getting the messages on startup:

Code:
[RconCrossServerChat][error] Config Read Error: Unknown exception
[RconCrossServerChat][error] Plugin Disabled please add a CrossChatKey

I've added a "CrossChatKey" to the json file, although I'm not exactly sure what it's mean to be. I've tried some text, some random hex string, a 16-digit random number" I always get the same error.

Any ideas?

I used CrossServerchat on empty servers, servers populated between 5-20 people and servers with 20+ people.
+1
same happend to me..

Hi All,

I'm getting the messages on startup:

Code:
[RconCrossServerChat][error] Config Read Error: Unknown exception
[RconCrossServerChat][error] Plugin Disabled please add a CrossChatKey

I've added a "CrossChatKey" to the json file, although I'm not exactly sure what it's mean to be. I've tried some text, some random hex string, a 16-digit random number" I always get the same error.

Any ideas?

Did you read my post?
CrossChatKey needs to be the same as your password from your server start line.

I added a crosschatkey but the logs say I didn't

01/26/19 08:25 [API][info] Loading plugins..

01/26/19 08:25 [RconCrossServerChat][error] Config Read Error: Unknown exception
01/26/19 08:25 [RconCrossServerChat][error] Plugin Disabled please add a CrossChatKey

{
"CrossChatKey":"cross",
"masked",
"masked",
],
}

I added a crosschatkey but the logs say I didn't

01/26/19 08:25 [API][info] Loading plugins..

01/26/19 08:25 [RconCrossServerChat][error] Config Read Error: Unknown exception
01/26/19 08:25 [RconCrossServerChat][error] Plugin Disabled please add a CrossChatKey

{
"CrossChatKey":"cross",
"masked",
"masked",
],
}
CrossChatKey needs to be the same as your password from your server.bat start line.

Hi folks,

I run a very quiet private server with a 2x2 on a single machine. Only 2 nodes actually running. I use ARKON to monitor the servers. I downloaded and installed this just now. Despite not having the admin password in "CrossChatKey", the plugin loaded without the error that darkneon2002 reported. I've since changed it to the actual password and used the API's unload and load commands. I don't have anyone else online at the moment to let me know if chat is being echoed. Can I expect to see the echoed messages in ARKON?

{
"CrossChatKey":"myserveradminpassword",
"127.0.0.1:27020",
"127.0.0.1:27021"
],
}

@OwnProx
Did you have the time to found a solution for this? I'm currently still not using CrossServerChat because of this, but I would really like to.
Since I stopped using this plugin (about a week ago) I did not have any more crashes whatsoever.

OK so now that someone else is online, it turns out that it's working fine for me. Interesting though that it doesn't give me an error if CrossChatKey is something different to the admin password. /shrug

edit: So it turns out that it was crashing my servers as well. Removed just this plugin (still have the API and a couple of others) and no crashes since.

Last edited:
@OwnProx

@OwnProx
Did you have the time to found a solution for this? I'm currently still not using CrossServerChat because of this, but I would really like to.
Since I stopped using this plugin (about a week ago) I did not have any more crashes whatsoever.

Did you find a fix for the crashes because of CrossServerChat?

Tebex
Tempest Dedicated Servers
Monetize your ARK server
Rogue Vikings Discord Server - Rogue Vikings Gaming Servers - Minecraft Prison Servers - Minecraft Creative Servers
Back