Atlas Server Manager (Source available)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
hi.
Some people like me is using a dinamic dns to hosting the atlas server.
It's is possible when server start, that atsm get your public ip and use it as SeamlessIP parameter?
can you include it?, it's a simple modification in your code like this.

public void StartServer() { HasMadeFirstContact = false; /* ServerIp = GetPublicIP(); ChangeServerGridIp() -> this search in servergrid.json, and replace all the "ip":"xxx.xx.xx.xx" for the new ip. */
thanks

i call 2-4 lines simple what you ask is not simple even making c# to 90% of the population is not classed as simple but yeah its simple for me but for others maybe not so haha, anyways took me about 2 mins to do it remember to enable nat loopback at router so you can resolve your own dns also i had to do this in such a way where it would not apply for ipv4 address's also i havent tested this but its live in 2.8 but should work give it ago gonna lemme know how it goes.

C#:
            /* Resolve DNS */
            string CurIP = ServerIp;
            int DotCount = 0;
            for (int i = 0; i < CurIP.Length; i++) if (CurIP[i] == '.') DotCount++;
            if (DotCount != 3)
            {
                System.Net.IPAddress[] ips = System.Net.Dns.GetHostAddresses(CurIP);
                if (ips.Length > 0)
                {
                    CurIP = ips[0].ToString();
                    try
                    {
                        string ServerGrid = Path.Combine(ServerPath + Path.DirectorySeparatorChar, @"ShooterGame\ServerGrid.json");
                        if (File.Exists(ServerGrid))
                        {
                            string OwnProxGrid = Path.Combine(ServerPath + Path.DirectorySeparatorChar, @"ShooterGame\ServerGridOwnProx.json");
                            if (File.Exists(OwnProxGrid)) File.Delete(OwnProxGrid);
                            using (StreamWriter sw = new StreamWriter(OwnProxGrid))
                            using (StreamReader sr = new StreamReader(ServerGrid))
                            {
                                string line = "";
                                while ((line = sr.ReadLine()) != null)
                                {
                                    if (line.Contains("\"ip\": \"")) sw.WriteLine("      \"ip\": \"" + CurIP + "\",");
                                    else sw.WriteLine(line);
                                }
                            }
                            File.Delete(ServerGrid);
                            File.Move(OwnProxGrid, ServerGrid);
                        }
                    } catch (Exception e) { MessageBox.Show("Error: " + e.Message, "Error", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Error); }
                }
            }

wow.
yes you're right, it's not simple for 90% of c# population.
i'm trying to do it myself and my code works, but yout code is better, :).

Tested 2.8, and yes it's works fine, it resolve the domain ip,change the servergrid and start all servers with the ip.
we greatly appreciate your effort and contribution and all the things you do. do, big thanks

OwnProx :: I see alot of updates but not seeing anything to my reply, but maybe my question was missed? I'm simply it. I'm having alot of issues with the software going into a frozen or almost a not responding state whenever 1 or more servers are checked/running. it freezes for 20-30secs, then allows me to use it for 20-30secs, and the issue repeats. this gets worse with more servers selected to start.

any idea why this is happening? anything I can try/do to stop it from happening?
I can't really use your program in the state it's in with this issue, so any ideas are greatly appreciated.

OwnProx :: I see alot of updates but not seeing anything to my reply, but maybe my question was missed? I'm simply it. I'm having alot of issues with the software going into a frozen or almost a not responding state whenever 1 or more servers are checked/running. it freezes for 20-30secs, then allows me to use it for 20-30secs, and the issue repeats. this gets worse with more servers selected to start.

any idea why this is happening? anything I can try/do to stop it from happening?
I can't really use your program in the state it's in with this issue, so any ideas are greatly appreciated.
its working fine for 90% of the people using it so i guess its just a problem your having, record and upload a video of it of try tell me your full settings i cant fix something that's not happening to me.

@OwnProx - should the server manager put a message in the log each time it checks for updates? Or is this a hidden thing? I've got auto updates turned on but other than the initial check at the start i've not seen anything?

Also what is the best way to cleanly uninstall it? I'm going to try starting the whole thing from scratch.

just delete it and go to options and click clear servers, and yeah it should output a log and if its your first time it can take up to 5 minutes to download the latest steam updates good luck let me know how it goes.

Heya guys I was wondering if ya could help me with a bit of a problem. I currently host servers on asm so I know somewhat what im doing. I have my server set up the way im pretty sure It should go (I only have 1 atm for testing). The cmd box tht usually comes up when starting an ark server comes up briefly then flashes away. I took a pic and was able to see something about failing to load purse entries but the rest is cut off. here are some pics of my settings and stuff if anyone can tell me what I did wrong that would be awesome.

Got the same problem. (i did start the "redis-server_start.bat" before i tryed to start the atlas server)
Has someone an idea how/why it isnt able to connect to the local redis server?

Code:
7952] 08 Jan 00:19:27.866 # Server started, Redis version 3.2.100
[7952] 08 Jan 00:19:27.866 * DB loaded from disk: 0.000 seconds
[7952] 08 Jan 00:19:27.866 * The server is now ready to accept connections on port 6379

Friendly greetings =)

Got the same problem. (i did start the "redis-server_start.bat" before i tryed to start the atlas server)
Has someone an idea how/why it isnt able to connect to the local redis server?

Code:
7952] 08 Jan 00:19:27.866 # Server started, Redis version 3.2.100
[7952] 08 Jan 00:19:27.866 * DB loaded from disk: 0.000 seconds
[7952] 08 Jan 00:19:27.866 * The server is now ready to accept connections on port 6379

Friendly greetings =)

Have you made sure you have your "ServerGrid.ServerOnly.json" file located next to the "ServerGrid.json" file in the ShooterGame Folder?

Inside the ServerGrid.ServerOnly.json file should have connections to the datebase, which tend to get wiped out if you use the SAVE command to a new file and then export your data.

Inside the file should look like:

{
"LocalS3URL": "",
"LocalS3AccessKeyId": "",
"LocalS3SecretKey": "",
"LocalS3BucketName": "",
"LocalS3Region": "",
"TribeLogConfig": {
"MaxRedisEntries": 1000,
"BackupMode": "off",
"MaxFileHistory": 10,
"HttpBackupURL": "",
"HttpAPIKey": "",
"S3KeyPrefix": ""
},
"SharedLogConfig": {
"FetchRateSec": 60,
"SnapshotCleanupSec": 900,
"SnapshotRateSec": 1800,
"SnapshotExpirationHours": 48,
},
"TravelDataConfig": {
},
"DatabaseConnections": [
{
"Name": "Default",
"URL": "127.0.0.1",
"Port": 6379,
"Password": "foobared"
},
{
"Name": "TribeDB",
},
{
"Name": "TravelDataDB",
},
{
"Name": "TerritoryDB",
},
{
"Name": "LogDB",
}
]
}

Thank you very much scottr69

meanwhile i figured out the same xD
Had to create them first and stuff :)

Thank you anyway for your fast replay!

I am getting the error when I try to start the servers

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040208): A user-supplied component or subscriber raised an exception (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040208)
at NATUPNPLib.IStaticPortMappingCollection.Add(Int32 lExternalPort, String bstrProtocol, Int32 lInternalPort, String bstrInternalClient, Boolean bEnabled, String bstrDescription)
at AtlasServerManager.Includes.UPNP.AddUPNPServer(Int32 ServerPort, Int32 QueryPort, String AltSaveDir)
at AtlasServerManager.Includes.AtlasServerData.StartServer()
at AtlasServerManager.AtlasServerManager.<SetupCallbacks>b__25_4(Object e, EventArgs a)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.7.3260.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
AtlasServerManager
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/AtlasServer/ShooterGame/Binaries/Win64/AtlasServerManager.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.7.3221.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.7.3190.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.7.3221.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.7.2612.0 built by: NET471REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
CustomMarshalers
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/CustomMarshalers/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/CustomMarshalers.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

its working fine for 90% of the people using it so i guess its just a problem your having, record and upload a video of it of try tell me your full settings i cant fix something that's not happening to me.

attached is a video. you will see that in the begining, toggle back and forth is fine. Then when I select the server and all, it there is multiple deplays in the program for some reason.

please advise what details of the config you need.

video demo
sending this to you in private message as it has my IP in the config and didn't want to share it here.

running a dl380 g6 server. 32gig memory, 8 74 gig HDs. etc

Last edited:
if you have multiple server directories it does take them into account but i still dont see why you would need multiple that would download unnecessary data and you can override ini in ServerGrid.json, also lemme know if you get the boot issue with the newest release i fixed a lot of bugs.
I probably didn't describe that accurately, I meant single install, multiple map. You answered my question anyway

Hi
can you add a sleep time when starting the configured servers ?
If all servers start at same time, some plugins sqlite database errors can happend.
thnx

View attachment 1134

just delete it and go to options and click clear servers, and yeah it should output a log and if its your first time it can take up to 5 minutes to download the latest steam updates good luck let me know how it goes.

@OwnProx Still the same issue unfortunately. Originally i tried just clearing servers, then i tried removing the entire registry key folder.

I added a single server from my 3x3 and launched it via ASM. Here is how it looks for me currently - local time is now 11:41 PM and still no further console logs.

View attachment 1139
Options page

View attachment 1140
Here are the server settings page, hashed out IP before posting. Only issue i can see is the tool tip showing as the wrong x & y, but i assume that is just a GUI bug as i did originally plan to use 1x1 to test but there were people on it, so i went with 1x2.

The path is the root of my game folder, containing ASM, Shootergame folder etc etc

View attachment 1142

I'm running Windows Server 2019 Standard, not sure if others have had it working on this OS? It was a clean install prior to installing ATLAS and has the latest updates. The .net version required should already be installed, though i did originally have to force .net 3.5 as i know what's what was supported. Maybe worth now uninstalling that?

EDIT: Tried removing .net 3.5 and same issue remains. 5 mins were up and no update check. Are there any ports that need forwarding for the update checker?

Last edited:
@OwnProx Still the same issue unfortunately. Originally i tried just clearing servers, then i tried removing the entire registry key folder.

I added a single server from my 3x3 and launched it via ASM. Here is how it looks for me currently - local time is now 11:41 PM and still no further console logs.

View attachment 1139
Options page

View attachment 1140
Here are the server settings page, hashed out IP before posting. Only issue i can see is the tool tip showing as the wrong x & y, but i assume that is just a GUI bug as i did originally plan to use 1x1 to test but there were people on it, so i went with 1x2.

The path is the root of my game folder, containing ASM, Shootergame folder etc etc

View attachment 1142

I'm running Windows Server 2019 Standard, not sure if others have had it working on this OS? It was a clean install prior to installing ATLAS and has the latest updates. The .net version required should already be installed, though i did originally have to force .net 3.5 as i know what's what was supported. Maybe worth now uninstalling that?

EDIT: Tried removing .net 3.5 and same issue remains. 5 mins were up and no update check. Are there any ports that need forwarding for the update checker?

@OwnProx This sounds like the same issue I have that I sent you a direct message for? Because not only is it stuck on checking for update, you can also not force it to update because it says that its still checking forever. It also makes it so the server monitoring fails to function because its stuck in the other thread. (I asked the question a few pages back why if I close down one of the servers it doesn't auto restart....) So this might in fact be the same issue.

@Shadowsong Do you get SteamCMD dump files in the steamcmd\dumps folder by chance that coincide with when you launched the Atlas Server manager app ?

Monetize your ARK server
Rogue Vikings Discord Server - Rogue Vikings Gaming Servers - Minecraft Prison Servers - Minecraft Creative Servers
Tebex
Tempest Dedicated Servers
Back