Anti-FamilyShare

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Substitute

Substitute submitted a new resource:

Anti-FamilyShare - Kicks users that are using Steam Family Share.

Tired of banned players coming back by exploiting Steam's family share?
Wish to only allow accounts that actually own Ark to join?

This plugin preforms the check that Official Servers use to prevent Family Shared accounts from joining. It is a "plug n' play" plugin that works with zero setup or configuration needed.

You may adjust the Kick Message sent to Family Share Accounts in the config.json file if you wish to have your own custom message.

This plugin will be...

Read more about this resource...

Hello,
does this Plugin still work?

I added it to my TestServer and it loads up correctly in the Server console, but I can still join the Server with my Family Shared Steam Account.

it doesn't work for me .. family accounts can still enter my server .. please help

Last edited:
ARE YOU THINKING THAT THE FAMILY ACCOUNT ASSOCIATED WITH MY MAIN ACCOUNT WHICH IS ON THE WHITE LIST COULD MAKE IT ACCOUNT AS AN ACCOUNT ON THE WHITE LIST ALSO? But this is not possible because other different users with 0 level accounts have also entered the server.

ARE YOU THINKING THAT THE FAMILY ACCOUNT ASSOCIATED WITH MY MAIN ACCOUNT WHICH IS ON THE WHITE LIST COULD MAKE IT ACCOUNT AS AN ACCOUNT ON THE WHITE LIST ALSO? But this is not possible because other different users with 0 level accounts have also entered the server.
Not at all ... it could be an issue on Steam's end, Wildcard's end, or possibly the API. I implemented this essentially the same way Wildcard made it originally.

Looking forward to open source, I want to get a way to prompt users. Thank you

its broken, not filtering shared accounts anymore. its probably broken after game's "allow shared connections" update

Hello,

What difference with the setting : AllowSharedConnections=False
?

Hello,

What difference with the setting : AllowSharedConnections=False
?
There is no difference, this was created prior to that setting being added. This plugin is now functionally obsolete.

Rogue Vikings Discord Server - Rogue Vikings Gaming Servers - Minecraft Prison Servers - Minecraft Creative Servers
Monetize your ARK server
Tempest Dedicated Servers
Tebex
Back