Help to sync shop within cluster

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

kluster_my_nutz

Hi guys. I am working on setting up a cluster of servers on my physical server. However i am struggling to figure out how to configure it so the shop files would sync within clusters. I have tried mysql but just cant figure that one out, even the basic use of it (never used one), tried few sync programs, tried sharing the folders via network, as well as setting up work folders and just nothing seem to do it (maybe i am doing it all wrong). Any help would be much appreciated.

you need to use MySQL

https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/ (Grab it From here)
and select c++ connector MySQL server 64bit and workbench x86

install it with legacy authentication then create a schema in the workbench corresponding to the name of the schema you have in your plugin config

afterward, connect your plugin to the MySQL server and it will auto create the tables :)

Thank you sooo much. I will give it a go tonight. Fingers crossed, as I'm at my wicks end 😅 how hard can it be ehh? 😬 Only spent like past two days trying to figure it out 🙈

WETBATMAN#0288 or Kluster,

I downloaded the windows msi installer. It's asking which setup type:
Developer Default
Server Only
Client Only
Full
Custom.

If I use the Developer Default, it says it has failing requirements at:
MySQL for Visual Studio
Connector/Python

What setup type should I select?

Thanks!

Last edited:
If i have different items in some servers like i have green to red gems in ab shop but not in island. If i sync up the shops will it still work or do all shops have to have the same items?

If i have different items in some servers like i have green to red gems in ab shop but not in island. If i sync up the shops will it still work or do all shops have to have the same items?

Only the points and kits are stored in the DB, so you can have a different catalog per server. For kits, I believe they will have a QTY in the database but if its not in the config they can't buy it. That would require some testing to be certain that it wont cause a crash though.

OK I am trying to get this to connect but I get these errors on startup:

Does the MySQL database get auto populated with the information contained within the sqlite DB? Or do I have to manually move everything over?

you need to use MySQL

install it with legacy authentication then create a schema in the workbench corresponding to the name of the schema you have in your plugin config

afterward, connect your plugin to the MySQL server and it will auto create the tables :)

Bro you would be awesome if you would make a quick tutorial for someone who just opened MySQL for the first time and only wanted to add their shop to the database for a cluster server :D

Yea a tutorial would be awesome lol. I looked everywhere for help on this and cant find anything. I have never even messed with mysql but would like to set things up for points to continue to my other servers on cluster. i hope its ok WETBATMAN i added you on discord. I clicked on the link https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/ and it took me to community server but i saw connector i downloaded and installed c++ connector and the workbench x86 but lost from there.

Bro you would be awesome if you would make a quick tutorial for someone who just opened MySQL for the first time and only wanted to add their shop to the database for a cluster server :D

This would be extremely nice because I have installed it but I have no clue how to connect a database or even what a schema is.

you need to use MySQL

How do you connect your plugins to the schema?

enter the schema name + the connection info into the plugin's config.json file

Yea I dont understand abit of this. There a for dummies guide on this? I feel like im messing up way more than im "Fixing".

Tebex
Tempest Dedicated Servers
Rogue Vikings Discord Server - Rogue Vikings Gaming Servers - Minecraft Prison Servers - Minecraft Creative Servers
Monetize your ARK server
Back