Dino Passive Protection

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

barnwellrd

barnwellrd submitted a new resource:

Dino Passive Protection - Provides Passive Dino Protection

NOTE: This plugin is currently in testing. It should be a clean install and uninstall, but may cause crashes until V1.0. Feel free to help me test it out!

This plugin is free and open sourced. All future updates will still be maintained by me. Be sure to join the Discord: barnwellrd's ArkApi Plugin Discord!

Features:
  • Provides passive dino protection
  • Customizable config

Read more about this resource...

looks good a small and good feature would be dino type's instead of all dino's

Thanks! What do you mean by types? Like rex, trike, raptor, etc?
Yes exactly, i feel that passive's protection should only be farming dino's

@crashing i dont see any reason on why it would crash if it did it means that hooks req to much ram.

I'll definitely take that into consideration. Feel free to join the discord and leave a feature request! It helps me keep track of what to implement! https://discord.gg/9hC5UjS

As for crashing, the hook is light weight, no db, and no excessive data (unless there's millions of structures in the radius set via config). The crashing I'd be concerned about would be some oversight in the logic. I just need a population to test it and see.

I'll definitely take that into consideration. Feel free to join the discord and leave a feature request! It helps me keep track of what to implement! https://discord.gg/9hC5UjS

As for crashing, the hook is light weight, no db, and no excessive data (unless there's millions of structures in the radius set via config). The crashing I'd be concerned about would be some oversight in the logic. I just need a population to test it and see.
Thanks for the invite tough but i wont be using the plugin :D i just like to check how people made there plugin and learn from it.

Hi! I installed this plugin on my servers, and there is a problem with Velonasaurs. When they are in turret mode, passive protection works, but they still shoot people. So they are turrets that cannot be killed.

possible bug? When dinos are passive protected and then whistled neurtral they can not be attacked as it says they are still protected?

barnwellrd updated Dino Passive Protection with a new update entry:

[UPDATE:] Dino Passive Protection Beta-V1.0

Change Notes:

- Added config option for baby dino protection (ProtectBabyDino) (Thanks, @Foppa#6820!)
- Added config option for turret dino protection (RequiresNotTurretMode) (Thanks, @Foppa#6820!)
- Updated config reload command: Console and RCON (DPP.Reload) (Thanks, @Foppa#6820!)
- Updated RCON command to reply on successful Reload (Thanks, @Foppa#6820!)
- Updated min API version to 3.1 (Thanks, @Foppa#6820!)
- Removed Permissions plugin dependency
- Added chat...

Read the rest of this update entry...

barnwellrd updated Dino Passive Protection with a new update entry:

[UPDATE:] Dino Passive Protection Beta-V1.1

Change Notes:

• Added new config option for blacklisted dinos message (DinoIsBlacklistedMessage)
  • Optimized Passive requirements to only be evaluated if required
  • Added optimization for structure whitelist and dino blacklist checks to only happen if all other Passive requirements are met
  • Added additional optimization flags during plugin compilation (may increase performance)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey @barnwellrd !
We are having an issue on our server with PP not activating. We have even set the config to "instant" with a really low health requirement and it still doesn't PP> It says "dino has been recently dismounted". Have even left dinos over night and it says the same thing. Any knowledge on how to fix this?

hi, i'm interested in downloading this plugin but my first question would be "what happens when a player mounts a passive dino and uses it to defend his base or tank turrets or something? and can the dino THEN be killed or is it still seen as passive?"

Rogue Vikings Discord Server - Rogue Vikings Gaming Servers - Minecraft Prison Servers - Minecraft Creative Servers
Tebex
Tempest Dedicated Servers
Monetize your ARK server
Back