Dedicated Servers other than OVH?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
All depends on what and who you're seeking. We use OVH but recently switched to our own dedicated servers.

To be perfectly honest - it is a lot smarter AND cheaper to just bite the bullet and purchase a server outright. You'll save a ton of money overtime.

Yeah I'd love to do it. So you just find a local place that will host it? I don't want it at my house. It got hit by lightning the day we launched season 2 and most my electronics fried. Wouldn't want that to happen again, lol.

Yeah I'd love to do it. So you just find a local place that will host it? I don't want it at my house. It got hit by lightning the day we launched season 2 and most my electronics fried. Wouldn't want that to happen again, lol.

Well, that really depends on you. I personally have my server here at my house. However, there are services called "colocation" that'll allow you to have your server in a datacenter and you manage it remotely. Although what you'll pay to store it would be a little cheaper than actually renting a server from a 3rd party, it is an option i guess.

same here I have my server located at my house but piped it through an OVH vps for DDos protection

unfortunately, I had to find out the hard way just how much a DDos cripples your network before i incorporated the VPS :D

Thank you to all who responded! I purchased a Nocix server, it comes with a free Windows 2012 Evaluation server. They do not offer monthly Windows server license like OVH did for $28 USD. Will we be ok with an evaluation license?

Thank you to all who responded! I purchased a Nocix server, it comes with a free Windows 2012 Evaluation server. They do not offer monthly Windows server license like OVH did for $28 USD. Will we be ok with an evaluation license?

Personally I've had 2012 servers crash for not being activated, obviously you don't want this happening so I'd suggest just getting a key off ebay, should be no more than $10

Well Nocix didn't perform as well as expected, they did not offer good DDOS protection, and was sketchy with their Windows 2012 trial and not offering a valid monthly license.

That being said, I ABSOLUTELY HATE OVH Customer Service. I so wish there was a comparable option that was just like them, but wasn't so lazy with customer service.

For those of you who purchase and build their own machine, I would love to do that, but where do you host it? I don't want to run these from my house.

For those of you who purchase and build their own machine, I would love to do that, but where do you host it? I don't want to run these from my house.
hosting from home is actually fine as long as you get 2 things sorted

for internet, I think I'm one of the lucky ones that does not lose internet connection often

as for electricity, I'm about to build a custom UPS for the server that will keep it running for a long time in case of an outage

On our season 2 launch, a freak lightning storm hit and I lost every single electronic in my house. We have 3 surround sound movie theater setups, so that sucked. The only thing that didn't die was my main PC because it was well protected. I do use a UPS but I live in Colorado and can get snowstorms in the winter and bad summer storms in the summer, so power goes out sometimes.

I like wholesaleinternet.net or nocix or what other names they go by now days. Good servers for the price, but their customer service is trash.
its self managed hosting what do you expect, i had a service with them for 1 year did not have any issues but yeah if you do get issues hardware related im sure they will fix it within 48 hours (there response time can vary) but software issues is down to you.

Rogue Vikings Discord Server - Rogue Vikings Gaming Servers - Minecraft Prison Servers - Minecraft Creative Servers
Tempest Dedicated Servers
Monetize your ARK server
Tebex
Back