Ark Permissions

Ark Permissions 2.0

No permission to download

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Its working but idk why sometimes i need to add the groups again, has this happen to anyone?

Can anyone write a example config when i want to use the SqlLite database for 5 servers in the same location? So every player would have on every server the same groups. But if i write "D:/Test" in this config the plugin never start...

Can anyone write a example config when i want to use the SqlLite database for 5 servers in the same location? So every player would have on every server the same groups. But if i write "D:/Test" in this config the plugin never start...
The sqlite directory override would need the db name too, like " D:/Test/Permissions.sqlite". However it won't work, or rather, won't reliablily work with more than 1 map using the same local database. Your best option there is using MySQL and configuring all the 5 servers to use the MySQL database you created

When i add someone to the Vip group i have the shop working and set to the VIPS receive 30 points, buy they still recieve 10points. Can someone help? I already have the groups created too, im using permissions 1.8.

I noticed that i add them correctly and then after 2/10 seconds they are removed auto and i need to add again even if put 30 days

View attachment 4189 5 seconds and i have to add again.. @Michidu

Last edited:
When i add someone to the Vip group i have the shop working and set to the VIPS receive 30 points, buy they still recieve 10points. Can someone help? I already have the groups created too, im using permissions 1.8.

I noticed that i add them correctly and then after 2/10 seconds they are removed auto and i need to add again even if put 30 days

View attachment 4189 5 seconds and i have to add again.. @Michidu

Were you using MySQL or SQLite database connection?

Hello,

The server I have installed ArkAPI on has Permissions 1.5 installed with it,

I've updated Permissions plugin by overwriting the 1.5 files with the 1.8 files, however these 3 files were from 1.5, do I need to delete these so the 1.8 ones appear?
1623655240529.png

I am also having issues with the Permissions plugin where some commands do not work, or do work, but show no info.
Il go along in a list with the commands I used and the issue with it and if it worked.

Permissions.Add myid Support
In 1.5 it claimed Player or group does not exist. After upgrading it now successfully adds to group.

1623654105931.png

Permissions.PlayerGroups myid
The chat opens up after putting the command it, however it shows no info, the only thing showing is (SERVER):

1623654088150.png

Permissions.ListGroups
Lists all the groups available.

1623654200432.png

Permissions.Remove myid Support
Claim Player or Group does not exist.

1623654282363.png

/groups
Shows nothing apart from just "Permissions"
1623655127275.png

I can create groups and add myself to groups, but I can't see group permissions, player groups, or remove myself from them.

Does anyone have any info?

Also I do not use MySQL as I don't know what it is, so I'm using whatever the default is.

Cheers

I have compiled and tested the latest permissions following all the information you posted and did not have any issues. Only difference is I did remove the 3 old DB files that I already had and when I started the server the plugin created the new files for me.

Hello,

I deleted those 3 files and restarted the server, it works fine now.

Cheers :)

The sqlite directory override would need the db name too, like " D:/Test/Permissions.sqlite". However it won't work, or rather, won't reliablily work with more than 1 map using the same local database. Your best option there is using MySQL and configuring all the 5 servers to use the MySQL database you created
Okay.,.. i tried but i asked for a example because its never working :

{
"Database":"mysql",
"MysqlHost":"XX.XXX.XX.XXX",
"MysqlUser":"admin",
"MysqlPass":"XXXXXXX",
"MysqlDB":"SQLEXPRESS",
"MysqlPlayersTable":"ArkPPlayers",
"MysqlGroupsTable":"ArkPGroups",
"MysqlTribesTable":"ArkPTribes",
"MysqlPort":3306,
"ClusterSyncTime": 30
}

Still throws 06/17/21 18:39 [Permission][critical] Failed to open connection!

BUT i can connect ... Wheres my fault?
i tried also the host "localhost" because its on the same machine and DB name is the same as the mySQL login "servername" 'localhost\SQLExpress'
The SQL ServerAuthentification is activated. I can login withthe user and password. But i dont know what i need to write in Host and DB... Is the DB the Database i newly created in theSQL Server? (I also tried this btw :D ) I dont know what to do anymore... i tried nearly ... EVERYTHING :D

Last edited:
Okay.,.. i tried but i asked for a example because its never working :

{
"Database":"mysql",
"MysqlHost":"XX.XXX.XX.XXX",
"MysqlUser":"admin",
"MysqlPass":"XXXXXXX",
"MysqlDB":"SQLEXPRESS",
"MysqlPlayersTable":"ArkPPlayers",
"MysqlGroupsTable":"ArkPGroups",
"MysqlTribesTable":"ArkPTribes",
"ClusterSyncTime": 30
}

Still throws 06/17/21 18:39 [Permission][critical] Failed to open connection!

BUT i can connect ... Wheres my fault?
i tried also the host "localhost" because its on the same machine and DB name is the same as the mySQL login "servername" 'localhost\SQLExpress'
The SQL ServerAuthentification is activated. I can login withthe user and password. But i dont know what i need to write in Host and DB... Is the DB the Database i newly created in theSQL Server? (I also tried this btw :D ) I dont know what to do anymore... i tried nearly ... EVERYTHING :D

Did you name your database "SQLEXPRESS" or are you trying to use SQL Express? Because Microsoft SQL Express is not a supported database.
MySQL/MariaDB using "Database":"mysql",
or
SQLite using "Database":"sqlite",

Did you name your database "SQLEXPRESS" or are you trying to use SQL Express? Because Microsoft SQL Express is not a supported database.
MySQL/MariaDB using "Database":"mysql",
or
SQLite using "Database":"sqlite",
Thats maybe my fault. Is the community edition of mysql supported?

So I'm actually confused at this point now. I've updated and re-placed the 1.8 Permission files (like deleted and re-placed them completely) on my servers about 3 times now, however it still functions as if It's running 1.5, yet the API log says its loaded and running Permissions v1.8
View attachment 4218

The same things still happens.
/groups just shows "Permissions:"
I can't remove players from groups, normal or timed,
deleting groups still keeps the group on the player.
Permissions.PlayerGroups ID still just says (SERVER):

ArkApi is running the latest version 3.4, so it's not that. I run a test server though ASM just on my PC to test, and it worked completely fine.. does the server need to be wiped or something first? Do I need to delete the permissions file, start up the server, let it load, then take it back down and then add the new 1.8 Permissions file?

So I'm actually confused at this point now. I've updated and re-placed the 1.8 Permission files (like deleted and re-placed them completely) on my servers about 3 times now, however it still functions as if It's running 1.5, yet the API log says its loaded and running Permissions v1.8
View attachment 4218

The same things still happens.
/groups just shows "Permissions:"
I can't remove players from groups, normal or timed,
deleting groups still keeps the group on the player.
Permissions.PlayerGroups ID still just says (SERVER):

ArkApi is running the latest version 3.4, so it's not that. I run a test server though ASM just on my PC to test, and it worked completely fine.. does the server need to be wiped or something first? Do I need to delete the permissions file, start up the server, let it load, then take it back down and then add the new 1.8 Permissions file?
Maybe you have the old version of the server API. I have an updated server API 3.53 available on my discord. The other option is to download 3.4 again from the website to make sure you don't have the bugged version and download the 1.8 permissions from its download page.

Everytime I try to update this specific plugin to 1.8 my server starts but RCON stays disconnected, no one can join my server until I revert the changes back to an older version.

{
"Database":"sqlite",
"MysqlHost":"localhost",
"MysqlUser":"root",
"MysqlPass":"pass",
"MysqlDB":"arkdb",
"DbPathOverride":"E:/Program Files/ArkServerManager/Servers/Server8/ShooterGame/Binaries/Win64/ArkApi/Plugins/Permissions/ArkDb.db",
"ClusterSyncTime": 60
}

Its working but idk why sometimes i need to add the groups again, has this happen to anyone?

with update 1.8 the groups are not persistant. all my donors no longer have there permissions.

i copy pasted the new plugin on top of the old one to retain the sql database file. but it reset anyway...
im going to try the mysql database for the first time... im going to have to readd all my donors manualy.. hope that works with the mysql

with update 1.8 the groups are not persistant. all my donors no longer have there permissions.

i copy pasted the new plugin on top of the old one to retain the sql database file. but it reset anyway...
im going to try the mysql database for the first time... im going to have to readd all my donors manualy.. hope that works with the mysql

Did it work?

Tempest Dedicated Servers
Tebex
Back